Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Amp Power cord

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Running Amp Power cord

Cool thanks for the input guys, im goin to be installing my stuff this weekend hopefully if its nice enough...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Gah, this thread depresses me. I've got all my equipment ready to go in, but I'm scared to death to do anything like this right now because of stupid *&%^(*&ing leak. I just KNOW if I start running wires in that area that the dealership will try to pin the leak problem on me. Very depressing indeed.

[sm=rant.gif]

Anyway, great informative thread, as I have been wondering the same thing. PROMETHEUS PRIME, I'm curious as to where you stashed your switch. I'm thinking about doing the same thing for flexibility (actually already bought a switch, but have been trying to figure out where to put it!).
Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I know someone else on the board put their switches in the center console mounted on the little detatchable black panel inside. Very nice. I put mine between my center A/C vents.
You can see it in this video right arount a minute into it.
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k9...ccruiseend.flv
Old 03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Hiya,

I have a 0g wire running from my front battery to me rear battery. Used the same grommet on the passenger side. Then ran it under the door sill cover, and then under the rear seat.

As for the Acc wire, its the solid red wire going into the HU. I tapped into it there because you have to get back their anyways to hook up the RCA wires for the sub (unless you want to convert the signal going to the rear speakers). Mine for example, I have the 2 RCA Audio out, 2 RCA Audio in, Video in, and Acc Wire running from my HU to my trunk. Routed under the center console and nder the back seat.

~Fred
Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Anyone put dynamat in their trunk or on their doors? My door speakers rattle a little bit...it's not excessive, but enough to annoy me. Thought putting dynamat in might help. Also want to put it in the trunk once I get some subs. I can imagine the trunk is fairly easy to install, but what about the doors? I've never removed door panels or anything before. Should I just take it to the dealer or some place like Best Buy and have them do it?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:52 PM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Its not really that hard just make sure its warm out, otherise the dynamat will not adhere properly.. It helps if you have a heat gun i have heard...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:16 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Im sticking with the stock HU (for now at least) So whats my best bet for hooking up the ACC wire, Prime said he tapped an only hot when running circuit, does this me he jacked into the fusebox??

Also for those looking for the unused grommet, it is not behind the battery, it is about 6in below and 6in to the drivers side, you cant miss it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
07rymasmGT

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

I ran my through a an unused grommet on the passenger side that led from the battery to the inside of the car... then i just ran the power wire under the carpet and moldings all the way to the trunk
skilz4u2nv, just wanted to say that you've got a sick looking stang. good job man
Old 03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07rymasmGT

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

I ran my through a an unused grommet on the passenger side that led from the battery to the inside of the car... then i just ran the power wire under the carpet and moldings all the way to the trunk
skilz4u2nv, just wanted to say that you've got a sick looking stang. good job man
Thanks man i appreciate it...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

+1 grommet on passenger side worked well

Quick Reply: Running Amp Power cord