Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Made a New Stang Owner's Day Today

Old 03-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Bruce0146
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I Made a New Stang Owner's Day Today

I have only had my PJ out a couple of times since getting it in early December and everytime it draws smiles, thumbs-up and a crowd when parked. And a super big smile from me when I go to the garage and see the car covers and blankets wrapped around what I know to be a good looking rare Pony.

[IMG]local://upfiles/57293/DF24AF6D923F488B8FDDD62F9E31A305.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57293/537885FB328847CEA3468491C0230FA1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I always make sure to wave or a flash of the lights to all Mustangs owners when i drive my Stang..

They and I love it..
Old 03-15-2007, 03:47 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MK2_GT

Great read, thanks for sharing !
I'm pretty sure I saw you on a vette forum.....how many cars in all do you have?

to the OP: nice write-up
Old 03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

I always make sure to wave or a flash of the lights to all Mustangs owners when i drive my Stang..

They and I love it..

I always do that too, but except for that proud new owner yesterday on the Parkway, I haven't (yet) gotten a single reply.
That could be because when I flash them going in opposite directions we pass each other so quickly there's just not enough time for them to respond......
Could also be that New Jersey drivers are stressed-out......?

Old 03-15-2007, 05:25 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

The weather was so nice today (72) that I took my wife to Atlantic City, and on the way back home on the Garden State Parkway there's this brand new Black GT with dealer plates cruising along about 2 cars in front of me in the right hand lane, and when I pulled up alongside him and honked the horn he turned his head (his g/f too) and gave me this H U G E grin and waved and I gave him a thumbs up and a big grin back before taking off.
After about a minute had passed my wife turned to me with a smile and said "you're still grinning!", to which I replied: "yeah, I just saw how beautiful these cars look from every angle when you drive by".

This was also the first time I've had her on the highway since getting the FRPP, and let me tell you: when I was going exactly 80 and punched it to pass a big rig (I hate being next to those monsters!) I was at 95+ within 2 seconds and was really shocked at how bloody fast these cars can accelerate in 3rd gear!
Not only that, but my gas mileage going a steady 80 was now 25.4 (before the CAI & tune it was a still respectable 24.2 m.p.g.).
The GTA's were totally droneless and very quiet at a steady cruise, but when I gave her 1/2 throttle or WOT- they sounded like music to my ears (mean deep growling music that is)!
Can't wait for another excuse to take her out on the Parkway again....

I hate you guys who get good gas mileage[:@]. Be lucky if I get 18 mpg
[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/DF0631B08A044CDB8FD3CE16409A88B4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-15-2007, 05:34 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bruce0146

I have only had my PJ out a couple of times since getting it in early December and everytime it draws smiles, thumbs-up and a crowd when parked. And a super big smile from me when I go to the garage and see the car covers and blankets wrapped around what I know to be a good looking rare Pony.

[IMG]local://upfiles/57293/DF24AF6D923F488B8FDDD62F9E31A305.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57293/537885FB328847CEA3468491C0230FA1.jpg[/IMG]
WTF U HAVE A PJ??!?!?! thats probably the most beautifuul iteration of the s197 i've seen yet. your a lucky guy haha.

theres nothing like mustang brotherhood.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

I hate you guys who get good gas mileage[:@]. Be lucky if I get 18 mpg

Well, I only get between 17 and 18 AVERAGE m.p.g. if that makes you feel any better.....

Old 03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

Great read!

I grin every morning when i open the garage.................................

Thanks!
Only in the morning??? You mean to tell me that you don't even go into your garage several times at night to peek at her and grin some more?
The first month or so after I bought my baby I must have gone into my garage at least 6 or 7 times a day, and I just have a regular GT.
If I'd have bought a Shelby, I would have put a cot and pup tent in there and camped out.....

LOL!

The grining starts when i open the garage and continues thru out the day. I will admit that when i first got her, I cheked in there (Garage) about every 30 min. or so then i was making up reasons to get something in the garage, then the wife would say "Have you seen the ????" I'd say yep! Its in the garage........LOL

I hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Great read!

I grin every morning when i open the garage.................................

Thanks!
Only in the morning??? You mean to tell me that you don't even go into your garage several times at night to peek at her and grin some more?
The first month or so after I bought my baby I must have gone into my garage at least 6 or 7 times a day, and I just have a regular GT.
If I'd have bought a Shelby, I would have put a cot and pup tent in there and camped out.....

LOL!

The grining starts when i open the garage and continues thru out the day. I will admit that when i first got her, I cheked in there (Garage) about every 30 min. or so then i was making up reasons to get something in the garage, then the wife would say "Have you seen the ????" I'd say yep! Its in the garage........LOL

I hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine!

Yes I do- and it never fails to amaze me, cause after all, we're not talking about $100K+ "exotics" like a Ferrari, Lambo, Aston Martin or Bentley Continental GT.
But with this car I feel like a teenager again every time I get behind the wheel, and I NEVER get tired of looking at her just parked in my garage!
Maybe I need professional help, or even an intervention? [sm=lol.gif]

Old 03-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Yeah, it seems whenever I try to make some kind of contact whether revving, flicking lights, or waving... I get no response. I'm another NJ'er here. I don't think the majority of people who buy them really understand. They probably think I'm crazy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Made a New Stang Owner's Day Today