Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Made a New Stang Owner's Day Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I Made a New Stang Owner's Day Today

ORIGINAL: Menace

Yeah, it seems whenever I try to make some kind of contact whether revving, flicking lights, or waving... I get no response. I'm another NJ'er here. I don't think the majority of people who buy them really understand. They probably think I'm crazy.
They understand that your crazy[sm=burnout.gif]........................LOL

Just kiddin...............................

Old 03-16-2007, 05:52 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

This is the way all mustang owners should treat each other! great story! J
ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

The weather was so nice today (72) that I took my wife to Atlantic City, and on the way back home on the Garden State Parkway there's this brand new Black GT with dealer plates cruising along about 2 cars in front of me in the right hand lane, and when I pulled up alongside him and honked the horn he turned his head (his g/f too) and gave me this H U G E grin and waved and I gave him a thumbs up and a big grin back before taking off.
After about a minute had passed my wife turned to me with a smile and said "you're still grinning!", to which I replied: "yeah, I just saw how beautiful these cars look from every angle when you drive by".

This was also the first time I've had her on the highway since getting the FRPP, and let me tell you: when I was going exactly 80 and punched it to pass a big rig (I hate being next to those monsters!) I was at 95+ within 2 seconds and was really shocked at how bloody fast these cars can accelerate in 3rd gear!
Not only that, but my gas mileage going a steady 80 was now 25.4 (before the CAI & tune it was a still respectable 24.2 m.p.g.).
The GTA's were totally droneless and very quiet at a steady cruise, but when I gave her 1/2 throttle or WOT- they sounded like music to my ears (mean deep growling music that is)!
Can't wait for another excuse to take her out on the Parkway again....

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/DF0631B08A044CDB8FD3CE16409A88B4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

This is the way all mustang owners should treat each other! great story!

Thanks mygt500...!
I really wish you guys could have seen the expression of pure joy on that dude's face when he looked over at me and saw my grin and big thumbs up.
He probably looked every bit as happy and proud as any new parent would at the birth of their first kid...!

Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 PM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

haha Jersey ppl crack me up...yeah i'm from jersey and AC ismy playground. Everytime i come by a Mustang on the road i get all exicted even if it's an earlyer model.

Watch out for the Troopers on the Parkway...they give me chills!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kinglasher

haha Jersey ppl crack me up...yeah i'm from jersey and AC ismy playground. Everytime i come by a Mustang on the road i get all exicted even if it's an earlyer model.

Watch out for the Troopers on the Parkway...they give me chills!!

Yeah, I'm only about an hour away from A.C. and go there a lot (but not to gamble- that's for suckers! just to walk on the boardwalk & beach and eat at one of those bitchin' "all you can eat" buffets).
I always keep both eyes out for the Troopers (who like to hide on those paths by the shoulder!).
As a precautionary measure, I also contributed $12.50 to the Jersey State Police and $10 to the Fraternal Order of Police this year and got two nifty decals for my car, which I'm hoping might get me off with only a "warning ticket" if the sh*t hits the fan.
Don't know if it's only a "coincidence", but when I was pulled over 2 weeks ago for "careless passing at an intersection" I was only given such a "warning ticket".
It could have been that those decals already saved my sorry butt, or it could have been that my handsome face and warm & friendly personality and winning smile saved the day.
My wife says it must have been the decals....