Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership etiquette...

Old 03-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Rippin n Tarrin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership etiquette...

I didn't even have to ask the dealer assumed I wouldn't want it on a car I ordered.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aclass

Thanks guys, now I wont feel out of place asking.
But what about the front lisence plate bracket that oakman mentioned, In VA we're forced to have a front plate, so I'll have to have the bracket installed want I?? or do you guys have a better/different way to mount the front plate?
aclass; I live in VA and on two cars that I own I asked the dealers NOT to install the front bracket. Front plates and their brackets are in the trunk where they belong. I don't drive drunk and I don't carry contraband so if the missing plate makes me a target for a traffic stop I'll take the risk.

The "non-invasive" front plate holders all look ridiculous in my opinion. If you don't want to drill holes so that your front bumper looks pretty, then hanging a front plate from a ridiculous rube goldberg grille mount kind of defeats the purpose.

Resale concerns because of a front plate bracket? poppycock. plenty of barrett-jackson cars evenhave front plate brackets.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Told them if they put it on I wouldn't take delivery. Hate those things.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i was worried about the same thing, i didn't want
the stupid emblems on my car either.

my dealership didn't mind at all, not putting them on

Old 03-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't worry about it one way or the other. They are usually pretty easy to remove. By the way, I've seen dental floss referred to here as a method of removing emblem/badges. I've removed a lot of badges and I can state unequivocablythat fishing line works much better than dental floss. Decals just peel off. I've found that applying some solvent-based cleaner wax to the decal tends to soften them up for easier removal. A hair dryer or heat gun works, too.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

When I ordered (not my mustang, but the wifes car) I told them no dealer sticker. I did not even know what the dealer sticker looked like, but knew I did not want it. Then when they called me to tell me it was in, I again reminded them that I did not want the sticker. The dealer said "If the shop guys acitently put it on I can get it taken off for you" I thought oh ****, it is going to be on, and sure enought it was and it was huge and looked like ***. I told my salesman and he appologized and took had the shop take it off for me while I filled out the paperwork.

Don't rock a new ride with a dealer decal!!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I have always been against them being put on my new cars. They have been doing it to new cars forever but the funny thing is its never happened to my new cars and I've had a lot of them. And I have never told them to leave them off before either. Maybe I just look car crazy and they know better than to try. Even so when I ordered my 07 GT I made sure to tell my salesman NO ADS on my car. Its too easy to damage the paint trying to remove them. Don't let them put any on your car. Be forceful, its your car. The dealers don't really care and its really none of their business anyway.
[sm=forgetit.gif][sm=forgetit.gif][sm=forgetit.gif]
Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

I have no doubt that thin fishing line will cut the foam better than floss. The same characteristic though (hardness) that lets it cut the foam better will also let it scratch the paint easier, so use extracaution if you take this approach.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I always specify that they DO NOT install there stickers on my car. When I got the Mustang they put on a dealer licence surround which I ditched soon as I got home. I costs money to advertise, why do they think they can advertise for free?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

About front plates, I made sure they mounted straight, level & even. In my state is alarge fine for not having the front plate mounted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership etiquette...