Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have this or know of a TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:44 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone have this or know of a TSB?

I've got an 07 GT coupe. When you have the heat on, in defrost and mix modes, everything works fine. When you turn the selector to "floor" mode, air still comes out of the defroster vents and it gets noisy, like air is being highly restricted up there. To me, it sounds like the blend door is not fully engaged into the correct position. I took it to the dealer, and the tech said there is a TSB on this and it is normal operation. I have failed to find this TSB and was too pissed off at the time to ask for a copy of it. (this was the same monkey that screwed the paint up on this same visit when he changed the master cylinder reservoir and got brake fluid on the bumper and failed to wipe it off. Not to mention got grease/oil/dirt all over my showroom fresh looking car. I was in the middle of raising all kinds of hell) So, my question is, does anyone else know of this mystery TSB, or is this really just the nature of the beast? Sounds kinda crappy to me, but just wanted to see what other owners had to say.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have this or know of a TSB?

Mine does this, but it does not get noisy. I haven't taken it in yet.
I did not see any TSB's on this, I was browsing them over at an other site.

Oh bye the way mine is a 06
Old 03-17-2007, 12:59 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Honestly after having my pullies installed by a local speed shop, I refuse to let anyone (dealer included) work on my car. I will do all repairs to my likeing.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:04 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

My local dealer is really good and has an awesome service department. However, their sales department sucks. The dealer I bought the car from is about 20 miles away and has a stellar sales department, but I've now found their service department is horrendous. The only reason I went there is because my first oil change was free, so I took them up on that offer and had them look at the other stuff while it was in there.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:26 AM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

Mine does it too but is not loud. I've read it is a common issue & may be the way it was designed to keep windshield clear. Let us know what the dealer say's but from my experience we know more about these cars from reading these forums than they do. I hate to let them crack open a new dash to have a look. I had two repairs under waranty and on both occasions they fixed the problem but failed to put things back together right & I had to button things up myself. Keep us posted. Good Luck. Try not using the fan on hi, I rarely do as it is noisey.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Honestly after having my pullies installed by a local speed shop, I refuse to let anyone (dealer included) work on my car. I will do all repairs to my likeing.
I came to that conclusion many years ago.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Racefiend

I came to that conclusion many years ago.

I'm normally like that too, but I will take it to my local dealer because the service manager knows me personally and knows I am very particular about my vehicles. She only allows two techs to work on my car, and they both know me as well. I normally just go talk to them when I have a problem as opposed to talking to the people in the office and it gets taken care of.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:53 PM
JimC

I have an 06 with the same thing. I'm interested in what you find out. I took mine in to have it checked, but went to the dealer close to my home rather than the dealer I usually go to. After keeping it overnight the service manage called me back and said "I just got finished talking to the tech and he said your car heats up just fine" -- to which I responded "great news, but that isn't what I brought it in for" and his only response, after supposedly just speaking with the tech was "oh, um, uh, whatever you brought it in for was fine" .
I had my wife's car in at the usual dealer and the service writer said that it is a common problem and it is very difficult to get to so she said she'd make sure when I bring it in next they look at it for me. (decided against ever taking it to the other dealer again -- and just waiting for the customer service survey to come).
Old 03-17-2007, 03:53 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

My 07 does it. There seems to be no difference between "floor" and "defrost and floor".
Old 03-17-2007, 04:04 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

+1 i agree 100%, im the only one that works on my car, however i do work at the dealer n get away with alot of stuff, but i agree with your posts the stealership is worthless all they wont is your money i see complaints like this daily, im glad im a mechanic n not an advisor i would hate to deal with the pissed off customers. work on your car yourself or find a great mechanic

Quick Reply: Anyone have this or know of a TSB?