Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COLD AIR INTAKES ?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:33 AM
WindvielBlueStang

Default RE: COLD AIR INTAKES ?????

I was thinking about the S & B intake from RPM outlet it says it adds 14+ RWHP on the v6 without any computer tuning and is the only intake that does it without any tuning.I think the intake is only $204 i think.Do you think my car would be unhealthy with that.I havea 2006 pony package.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 AM
mkaishar2
1st Gear Member

I picked a set of these last Saturday http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9398
went down a muffler shop close to the dealership, paid $70 to have both installed, an hour and half later, went home installed the CAI, went to get ready to upload the calibration...low and behold the dealer gave me a 2005 kit not a 2006 one. So Monday morning I go down to the dealer, explain things...Ford dealer doesn't even know about their own products they sell...had to explain that I cannot use the 2005 Pro-Cal on a 2006, they gave me the Voucher to go online to FordRacing.com and register it, by Wednesday I get the correct Pro-Cal, hook it up to the car, upload and 10 minutes later I am off!
What a difference...now that's a Mustang!
I am sure a C&L with a Brenspeed tune would be faster...but I like this one...good enough for me for now.

Hopefully the pics attached with this post.

- Mark

Old 03-18-2007, 02:08 AM
failurze_art
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindvielBlueStang

I was thinking about the S & B intake from RPM outlet it says it adds 14+ RWHP on the v6 without any computer tuning and is the only intake that does it without any tuning.I think the intake is only $204 i think.Do you think my car would be unhealthy with that.I havea 2006 pony package.
Yeah I think you will like that one. Also check to see what K&N offers. Usually don't have to re-tune with K&N. But for $204 it would be hard to pass that up. Plus RPM outllet is where I am getting my parts from too.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:10 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindvielBlueStang

is there any intakes that you dont need a tune for.
Obviously the Airraid and K&N have been previously mentioned, they don't require a tune, but I have a Granetelli and it doesn't require a tune either. It looks very similar to the C&L but they make their own MAF and a calibration harness to "trick" the computer so it won't need a tune. I love mine and it is a pretty good jump by itself, while leaving room to get a tune later when I can afford it. I wanted to do all my other planned mods first and get a tune last so it won't have to be modified later if I decide to add something that will affect it.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:10 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Do not buy from RPMoutlet......get a CAI and tune from Brenspeed or B amachips.

Read here about RPMoutlet if you would like.
https://mustangforums.com/m_2843843/tm.htm

The ford FRPP and tune get you about 10 less HP than the combos that most of us run.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

The ford FRPP and tune get you about 10 less HP than the combos that most of us run.
I bet that is why Fjord changed the Shelby GT horseypower rating from 325 to 319... They realized they were not making as much power as thought and did not want to get into the Cobra horseypower fiasco all over again.[:-]
Old 03-18-2007, 01:07 PM
jbfralix
1st Gear Member

I really like the Ford CAI for it's looks. Does the Pro-Cal tool do anything about tuning out the "drive-by-wire" throttle lag? Do you have to return it to stock tune when you return to the dealer like other CAI/tune combo's? I've wondered how many dealers have overwritten the Pro-Cal tunes from Power Paks and Drag Paks without realizing what they are doing.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I have the Steeda Intake and 93 tune and am very happy.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:30 PM
07GTCSSTANG

thanks for the info guys,will let u know what i get
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Scotty07

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I bet that is why Fjord changed the Shelby GT horseypower rating from 325 to 319... They realized they were not making as much power as thought and did not want to get into the Cobra horseypower fiasco all over again.[:-]
No no I bet is is 325 HP, just like our GTs are 300.....its not RWHP

the shelby gt adds a CAI and tune, and x-pipe which they get 25 HP at the crank so that gives you 325 just like our 300....take out losses and you probably only get 13-16 for the CAI and Ford tune....dont know about the 319, havent seen that anywhere and my take on it could be completely off base.

Quick Reply: COLD AIR INTAKES ?????