Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Darn snow..... totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 07:10 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Darn snow..... totaled?

Sorry about your stang man.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear this, post some pics if you can.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:18 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Sorry about your luck. This is exactly why my Mustang stays parked in the winter.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Retrorocket
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

hey man lets see pictures, one more thing, dont drive the stang in the winter if u can and especially not up or down hills when its snowing or snow covered, very stupid! mine doesnt move when the roads are covered because every block leadin out from mine has a hill so i rather not mess up my car, how bad is it? i bent my two driver side rims, i think from a pothole lol
....very stupid!? Gee, don't you think the guy feels bad enough that he wrecked his car, and you have to add insult to injury? For some of us,our Mustang is our only car and wecan't affordanother. Although, I'm seriously thinking about a winter beater.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Retrorocket

hey man lets see pictures, one more thing, dont drive the stang in the winter if u can and especially not up or down hills when its snowing or snow covered, very stupid! mine doesnt move when the roads are covered because every block leadin out from mine has a hill so i rather not mess up my car, how bad is it? i bent my two driver side rims, i think from a pothole lol
....very stupid!? Gee, don't you think the guy feels bad enough that he wrecked his car, and you have to add insult to injury? For some of us,our Mustang is our only car and wecan't affordanother. Although, I'm seriously thinking about a winter beater.
Exactly what I was thinking ... I know that if I was in an accident and I came on here to tell you guys about it, the last thing I'd want to hear is how "stupid" I was. What I'd want to hear is what I'm saying right now ... I'm really sorry to hear about your car but at least no one was injured and don't worry, you'll either get a fixed ride (assuming you choose wisely on the body shop) or you'll trade it in when you get it back and get that GT!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:28 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Puckhog407

Exactly what I was thinking ... I know that if I was in an accident and I came on here to tell you guys about it, the last thing I'd want to hear is how "stupid" I was. What I'd want to hear is what I'm saying right now ... I'm really sorry to hear about your car but at least no one was injured and don't worry, you'll either get a fixed ride (assuming you choose wisely on the body shop) or you'll trade it in when you get it back and get that GT!
I agree drving in the snow is not stupid, I would avoid it if I could though.Idrove itin the snowfor 1 winter and had no problems....you can loss it in rain just as easily. You have to drive carefully and just respect the power you have.

Go for the GT, it is worth the upgrade!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I work at a dealership in the service dept, and I see a lot of cars that come in for the bodyshop (wrecks), but they wind up fixing most of them. I would say you are probably not totalled, but would not keep it after it's done. Trade in for new GT and enjoy.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:48 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I have four blizzacks on my GT and it is fine in the winter. I would not take it out in super deep snow. But no different from any other car.

If you are not running snow tires, you are asking for problems. They make the world of difference.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea im sorry just got carried away, i just wanted to elaborate on the part, that you just have to make sure you dont drive the stang up or down a hill when its snowed covered, because that could make one's worst fears come true, okay? im sorry, but i was just very stubborn, because something happen here at the the hill that meets my block.

a rear wheel drive, sports car tried to go down the hill, mowed down a lady cleaning her car and headed straight into oncoming traffic with the lady under the front. sorry for insultin him, just tryin to point that out
Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

oh yea and the car was like a pancake, so all i know was that it was a sports car, it banged everything nearby until it rested in the middle of an intersection

Quick Reply: Darn snow..... totaled?