Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD Un-Quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FORD Un-Quality

We'll see what happens after the [as of yet rumored] multi-multi billion dollarliquidation of Jaguar, Aston, and most of all Volvo. Maybe that will ease the pressure. . . or just push them off a cliff.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman

Ok guys. Went to the dealership to check on the Stang today. The service writer tells me that they have found the problem. There was water intrusion into the Smart Box it think its called. He said they ordered a new one that will be in tommorow. So Isay "Well, what about the Blown Shaker speakers, you order new ones to?". The service writer says " No need to, we had the car on and the stereo and rear speakers sound fine, I heard it and its fine". Well Ive worked with car audio since I was like 16, and I know damn well when a speaker is blown. So I ask the guy " Can I talk to the man working on my car?", he says "Sure". I go into the service bay and talk to the guy. I say "So the speakers arnt blown huh?". He looks at me and says "How would I know, we havent even had it on yet to see". I turn to the service writer and say "Then how the hell can you say the speakers are fine?". He says "Ummm, well, I must have misunderstood him", I said "Bullsh*t, you told me you heard it yourself, in person, and it sounded fine, what the hell kind of game are you playing here?" The service guy says "Umm, I appologize for the misunderstanding". I lost it. I said "Look damnit, thats a $1300 feature on the damn car, and your trying to rip my *** off by pushing me out the door with broken junk, your trying to save your *** time and money by lieing to me" He said "No no no, I wouldnt do that". To make a long story short, I went and talked to the general manager and he said that he will have a talk with the service writer, which will probly never happen. But Ill tell you this, Im not sighning off on jack untill those items are replaced, and everything is in proper working order. I cant believe the crap they are trying to pull. Unbelieveable!!!
Hey guess what? You have "the leak". Before they put all that nice new electronic equipment in your ride, you may want to inquire as to why they haven't said anything about FIXING the LEAK that caused this problem in the first place, because it's just going to happen again. Then again, you're probably better off Lemon Lawing this car or leaving it at the dealership until someone at Ford actually figures out how to fix the damned thing, because if you ask the dealership to fix the problem right now they will undoubtedly just keep tearing your car apart, trying some shot-in-the-dark fix that doesn't work, and putting it all back together again, just so that it will leak again.

IMO, you should let them try to fix the leak for the required number of times before getting into Lemon Law territory, keep all your paperwork, get a lawyer, and get rid of it. Let it sit out in the rain and check underneath the carpet for water (stick your hand inside the fuse panel door on the kickpanel and feel down to the padding underneath the carpet).

EDIT: Please vote here. Thanks, and good luck...

Old 03-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I've been very happy w mine: '07 premium with 10k miles. But I do have a very slight chirp from the heater fan, my parking brake froze twice, and the auto-up doesn't auto-stop sometimes when I leave my arm in the window on purpose to test it..

Overall, it blows my father's Maxima away. Feels way tighter and more solid, never mind the performance. Even the controls feel better, which suprised me.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
awseebaran

I've had 2 Mustangs a 2000 with no problems and a 2007 California Special, which is awesome, with no problems. I did have a brand new 1994 Honda Civic that had an engine knock from day one. The dealership did replace the engine after about 1 month.

A lot of the parts on North American cars are not made by the Car manufacturer. Like the battery and other assorted parts. I may not be fair to blame Ford for a battery problem since they may be purchasing it from someone else. But they may be responsible to ensure that the parts they purchase are of quality.

Sometimes we unfairly blame the wrong party in these type of problems like Ford and the Explorer with the tire blow outs. Eventually the tire company was to blame but many blamed Ford first.

Hope you get your electrical problems worked out because the car is awesome. It puts my Civic Si to shame.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:37 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: awseebaran

I've had 2 Mustangs a 2000 with no problems and a 2007 California Special, which is awesome, with no problems. I did have a brand new 1994 Honda Civic that had an engine knock from day one. The dealership did replace the engine after about 1 month.

A lot of the parts on North American cars are not made by the Car manufacturer. Like the battery and other assorted parts. I may not be fair to blame Ford for a battery problem since they may be purchasing it from someone else. But they may be responsible to ensure that the parts they purchase are of quality.

Sometimes we unfairly blame the wrong party in these type of problems like Ford and the Explorer with the tire blow outs. Eventually the tire company was to blame but many blamed Ford first.

Hope you get your electrical problems worked out because the car is awesome. It puts my Civic Si to shame.
Thanks. They got it all sorted out, and Im finally driving my Stang and loving every minute of it. And yes, it does put an Si to complete shame in the performance department. Used to have a 99 Si, and I used to think it was fast ( Laugh ). Just still a little cautious of the quality of my Ford. I guess it will just take time.