Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORD Un-Quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:42 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default FORD Un-Quality

Ive had nothing but Imports since I was 16.Six in all. I never had a problems, and I meanNO problems with them. Well, last week I baught my first domestic, my 07 Stang GT, brand new. So, this morning it was hauled off by a tow truck because its basically a 3000 lb paper weight. The electrical system started acting up on day 4, dealership wouldnt look at it until tommorow (Day 10). Well, whatever it was, killed the car, seeing as how even when it had power, it wouldnt lock/unlock and everything electrical was going crazy, and this morning, the car was as dead as a doornail. Is this the level of quality I can expect from Ford, or all domestics for that matter? Maybe it is an isolated case, but I think its wierd that the one domestic car out of the 7 total cars I have owned is a giant terd. I meanI had the car 4 days, cmon now.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: FORD Un-Quality

interesting....i wonder if water got in and around the
passenger side kick panel area......

hope you get the problems worked out, these are truly
awesome cars to own and drive

Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear this.....Love the car and I've never had problems with mine. I hope the problem gets fixed so you can enjoy the car for what it is. AWESOME!
GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:55 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

For your sanity's sake, ASSUME that it is an isolated incident and hope for the best. I'm not sure what your financing is or if you own this outright, but I have a brand new '07 as well and I'd get rid of it if I weren't stuck underneath it. Honest opinion. Had MAJOR problems with the suspension and minor problems with other stuff. I've had numerous imports and domestics alike, including Ford, Honda, VW, Chevy, Toyota, but I think Ford worked too hard to keep the car "affordable". Justmy humble opinionand I'm 1000% certain some people will disagree with me, but it's just how I feel at the moment.

I test drove a 350Z. Fun, but too "gocart-ish" for me. Not the V8 burble and grunt I wanted. And I like that you can modify and upgrade and change out just about everything on this car until you're pushin up daisies! Mustangs have soul and allure, but some of the new ones seem to be riddled with problems, and Ford has major problems of its own financially which doesn't help its customers feel all warm and fuzzy inside when they have problems. I'm rambling.

My point: hope that it's just a fluke and find a good dealership if the one you go to sucks [which it probably does] so that you can get good service [HA!].
Old 03-18-2007, 03:56 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

No, no water. Really couldnt figure it out.

I agree, these are awesome cars, I love this one to death. Im almost sick to my stomach over this whole thing. The 4 days it was functioning properly, it was the best car Id ever had.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I hate problems too. Mine is the thunking front end. Yet to be resolved. And a bad battery a month after I got it. My previous 95 Mustang went trouble free for 3 years so I was counting on mine new one to do the same. I guess every car can have trouble, lets just hope they can be fixed with saticfaction and do some serious cruising.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Embalmer
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman
The 4 days it was functioning properly, it was the best car Id ever had.
Doesn't that just say it all about Ford quality???
Old 03-18-2007, 04:17 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

The only working for 4 days part or the best car part?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

I think embalmer was being sarcastic?! He's had numerous problems with the front end as well and even tried to fix them with no luck so far. Many of us are waiting on a TSB for an elusive "clunking/thunking" in the front end that endures through just about any modification including installation of DSpecs and springs and strut tower bars and A-arm braces and blah blah blah. . . so we'll see
Old 03-18-2007, 04:26 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Im on your level with this because prior to this car i was always a import guy and all my friends had mustangs. The day i bought mine i pickecd it up and it had a air bag light and the dealer got it to turn off and then a few days later it would not shut off. There is alot of little things that i dont like about my car but im just hangin on to it so i can get my fill of the stang and then i think im gonna go back to import

Quick Reply: FORD Un-Quality