Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:16 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 13.007

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Very nice, and very consistant.... Have a Brewski on me...
Thank you all for the compliments. Man this car was fun before the tune but I can't believe how drastic the change was.

I'd have a beer if i could but thanks for medical problems, i can't drink alcohol ever again. So for each time i could have drinken, I put that money in an account for mods for the mustang. Makes me feel better when I drink a tea, coke, red bull, or water instead haha.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheDarkPath

Thank you all for the compliments. Man this car was fun before the tune but I can't believe how drastic the change was.

I'd have a beer if i could but thanks for medical problems, i can't drink alcohol ever again. So for each time i could have drinken, I put that money in an account for mods for the mustang. Makes me feel better when I drink a tea, coke, red bull, or water instead haha.
+1

I drove mine today for the first time after installing JLT-2 cai / Brenspeed tune and GTAs. The difference is amazing!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Those suspension mods sure helped that auto! Just goes to show how good this automatic transmission is in these cars. All I have is the LCAs right now, I think with some more suspension mods I'll be able to cut 1.99s or better. Right now I can only manage a 2.0 on my stock 17" pirellis.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:27 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Those suspension mods sure helped that auto! Just goes to show how good this automatic transmission is in these cars. All I have is the LCAs right now, I think with some more suspension mods I'll be able to cut 1.99s or better. Right now I can only manage a 2.0 on my stock 17" pirellis.
If i'm not mistaken, I think i cut a 2.0x 60' on stock rubber and before the LCAs. I'll have to look at my old slips. I think the benefit of the LCAs was out-weighed by the power increase of the CAI and tune. I can still drop the back ends of the LCAs down 1 more notch. I was told that'd help traction a little.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, no worries, I'll getcha a "Bull" instead.... Man I can't drink that stuff, it makes me freakin crazy and all whacked out...
Old 03-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

man after seeing your car run with only a few mods I've gotta get an X-cal and C&L
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

man after seeing your car run with only a few mods I've gotta get an X-cal and C&L
My only regret is waiting 10 months.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude
My only regret is waiting 10 months.
I'll have to next pay check buy the X-cal from brent
Old 03-19-2007, 01:03 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

For some reason, the Brenspeed tune seems to buck a lot in 1st gear when trying to go slow.
YES. that is my only complaint about brents tunes. He has the throttle very twitchy and it is difficult to drive the car smoothly in first. Almost to the point that driving around town I found myself short shifting out of first alot as a pothole would move my foot enough to really make the car jump.

However, one quick call to brent and I had some new tunes in my e-mail a few days later with the problem fixed. Cant beat that. Now the car is perfect. I find myself actually using first gear again.

At the track, I would probably want the faster response though. When beating on the car it does feel better. Just normal driving smoothly is a tad difficult.

I may contact him for something in the middle of the two extremes though. I do miss the instant snap of the other tune at times in like 2nd gear.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:40 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Videos:
You can't see the time/speed because this was taken on a digital camera with video mode (no major zoom feature).
13.096 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgfvr2dyoJk
13.021 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgIpwjnns-c

I attached a pic of a few of my slips.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59657/8475C89E91E04E53BA7C922D11E5DCBE.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 13.007