Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you guys have a flashing symbol for Loss of traction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:49 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you guys have a flashing symbol for Loss of traction?

Do you have the digital display in your car? If so I don't think you have a TCS light..
Im not sure what you mean by digital display but it has my color along with the extra gauge cluster and message station.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

haha.. little off topic, but how does it sound without muffs?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I think with/without the digital display/message center/whatever else the TCS light should flash if you have TCS active and it's being put into use while you're driving, because that's a basic driver info/safety thing.

And mine is a manual as well, and still flashes the symbol, so that shouldn't affect it. Sounds like perhaps something's broken. Maybe a sensor got messed up or a wire disconnected or something like that. If it bothers you, take it in and get Ford to deal with it. It'll be under warrenty. If it doesn't bother you, well, no biggie.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

haha.. little off topic, but how does it sound without muffs?
No prob, theres a thread in here that may be able to describe it a little better than I might be able to, but I LOVE IT!!!! I used to have a 04' GT with o/r prochamber and flow's and I was super disappointed with the exhaust on these new s197s until I just ran no muffs!! On this stang I've had flowmaster axlebacks, mac axlebacks, and now no muffs One thing you gotta worry about is the pipes bouncing around under there so what I did is tied them up with some nylon zip ties and its a temperary fix. The straps can melt anywhere from a month to as quick as a day so its kinda annoying. I just buckled down and orderd the slps and I hope it sounds the same, im just sick of replacing the zip ties, not to mention i dont want the carbon monoxide under the car! If you got any other questions feel free to ask, I highly recommend it though!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

I think with/without the digital display/message center/whatever else the TCS light should flash if you have TCS active and it's being put into use while you're driving, because that's a basic driver info/safety thing.

And mine is a manual as well, and still flashes the symbol, so that shouldn't affect it. Sounds like perhaps something's broken. Maybe a sensor got messed up or a wire disconnected or something like that. If it bothers you, take it in and get Ford to deal with it. It'll be under warrenty. If it doesn't bother you, well, no biggie.
One thing that does happen when TCS kicks in is that the message center comes up and says something like "Traction Control Active". But definetly no symbol... I really dont wanna take it in for just that esp since I was without my stang for almost 3 weeks getting tons of warranty replacements...[:@]
Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

What I meant by digital display is the digital screen inside the speedometer. It shows your fuel economy graph, calculated MPG, number of gallons of gas used, trip information, average speed, etc.

The screen is exactly where the TCS icon is on other Mustangs. I've looked at my dash panel and I do not see the TCS icon anywhere.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:03 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

One thing that does happen when TCS kicks in is that the message center comes up and says something like "Traction Control Active". But definetly no symbol... I really dont wanna take it in for just that esp since I was without my stang for almost 3 weeks getting tons of warranty replacements...[:@]
Yeah, so who cares then. My message center doesn't say anything; just the flashing symbol. But either way it's telling you you're on less-than-ideal road conditions and should ease off the gas, so it's all good. I definitely wouldn't take it in for that -- so long as it's still warning you that TCS is engaged. Just a different gauge/message center setup, no worries.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i tried the flowmasters they sounded horrible and then 4 months later that broke apart on the inside, had my money fully refunded. hehe. now back to long tube headers and stock mufflers
Old 03-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

What I meant by digital display is the digital screen inside the speedometer. It shows your fuel economy graph, calculated MPG, number of gallons of gas used, trip information, average speed, etc.

The screen is exactly where the TCS icon is on other Mustangs. I've looked at my dash panel and I do not see the TCS icon anywhere.
Im sorry to say I dont belive this info is accurate. If you look at the video I attached on the inital post the guy has the upgraded instruments with the little message center and he still gets the flashing tcs symbol. And its located over in the Tach cluster in the middle...
Old 03-19-2007, 05:15 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

I only get it when TCS in ON

Which is seriously never

Quick Reply: Do you guys have a flashing symbol for Loss of traction?