Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo vs SCT tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

Default Diablo vs SCT tune

I currently have a 2006 GT and when I bought it , it came with the C&L cold air intake and daiblo predator. I read on here alot of guys knocking the diablo and using the SCT. I see alot fo guys using tunes from either Brenspeed or BamaChips. Are the SCT tunes that much better? Are the tunes from Brenspeed or Bamachips that good? Any bad issues? Any input is appreciated. Car runs great, but if its gonna run better with the SCT with a Brenspeed or Bamachips tune I would consider swicthing.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Diablo vs SCT tune

the issue to my understanding is that the tuners seem to prefer the SCT systems. so you'll have more availablity of tunes w/ the SCT... if you can find a local dyno shop that specializes in Stangs... use what they do.... and get a custom tune....that's the best way to go IMHO
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

Local shop uses Diablo , but to be honest he has messed with a 2001 supercharged car of mine in past and will never touch another car of mine. I know getting a tune from a local shop on dyno would be better, but have heard alot of good things about tunes people are getting from Brenspeeds. They dyno all there cars and use same tunes for customers.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

it just depends on your local shop. in south florida (home of diablo) everyone uses diablo, go figure.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

no one has input on this, lol
Old 03-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Everyone used to say one brand is better for automatics while the other is better for manuals, i dont know if that is still the case today or not.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

If your car runs great as you say, why mess with a good thing. I wish there was a way to say SCT is better than Diablo or visa versa but I think it comes down to who puts the tune in rather than the machine itself. The SCT does give you more options from what I've been told.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:37 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

i got diablosport simply because local tuners use it versus SCT

i dont think 1 tuner is better than the other, but the actual tunes that are on your car
Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WHITE99GT

no one has input on this, lol
I think stkjock answered your question properly.

My dyno guy uses Diablo but has told me that he is going to start learning the SCT due to it's popularity. If he were to tune my car I'd let him tune it with the Diablo. However, I picked up the CAI/Tuner kit as a combo with the SCT. I've changed my setup but still using the SCT because I don't want to spend more money for another handheld tuner. It may actually be apples to apples, your tuners preference may be the deciding factor - I mean, I can't think of a better scenario than getting your car dyno tuned by a good tuner.

If stkjock's response and this one don't satisfy your question then maybe you could reiterate for clarification.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
bomb79
1st Gear Member

i have a an AEM intake and diablo tuner. i used the preprogrammed performance tune in the tuner and now im spinning third in my manual GT i love every minute of being in my car..so my preferance is what i have since ive used nothing else.

Quick Reply: Diablo vs SCT tune