Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help on buying a new mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:57 PM
dcottrell6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need help on buying a new mustang

Go with the Mustang. As said before, people will look at the car.
For me it was a toss up with keeping the Focus SVT off the lease, getting a Mazda RX8 or the GT.
The RX8 was a great car to drive if you want to toss it around on a road with a lot of turns. the 9k redline was amazing.

In the end I chose the Mustang even with all of the problems which I was used to anyway with the SVT.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 PM
brandenzzz

Ok i think i made up my mind and im really convinced. Anything else i should know or check when buying the mustang?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

LOVE MINE! but I've always wanted a mustang GT.......

Either you want one or you dont........I consider myself an enthusiast so the choice was easy for me......I have had some of the problems listed on these forums, but I HAVE YET to regret my purchase.

Good luck in your decision
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

im pretty sure the EVO/STI have higher insurance rates
Old 03-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I have an 07. I get 17 city and 24+ highway at 80 mph bone stock. Delete the spoiler: looks cleaner, is more rare, and you dont have to fill factory holes if you get a custom one. Dont get the Shaker 1000: there are better stereos and the subwoofer takes up too much room in the trunk. Do get the IUP:You get more instruments, the leather looks like a million $, and women lovethe heated seats. I have been extremely happy w the car.I paid $27,500 for almost all options,$500 over invoice. I put down a few $K and my payments are about $475. I get looks and compliments all the time. The car is quick and tight. It feels solid, even in little ways like the signal and wiper controls. Evo magazine, a Brititsh sports carmag I get, says that on the highway the car "feels exotic" and also that the sound of the engine at WOT "is one of the few true automotive pleasures." And they review Pagani Zondas, Enzos, etc.It also has the largest aftermarket indistry on earth, so you can customize anything to make it yours. Have fun.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Another thing to note...is the Stripes... For me when I was shopping around, and trying to make all the decisions, I was completly set on an all black on black.... I couldn't find one locally that had all the options I wanted, and found one that had gold painted stripes, I wasn't too sure cause it kinda changed my plans on how I had invisioned my final car... I'm also impulsive so i went with the one with the stripes... and I'm really glad I did....

I know you can add them later, but if your debating on the stripe thing try and find one instead of going thru it later.... JMO...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Ken M
1st Gear Member

Please remember that forums like this are where owners come to complain and discuss problems. I'm certain the majority of the new Mustangs do not have many of the problems you see on this forum. So don't let it get blown out of proportion in your head from reading about some of the problems here.
I gave up on "domestic" brand cars and trucks in '93 because of poor fit and finish and mechanical problems. The new Mustang is what brought me back to a domestic brand. I've never owned a car before that every time I look at it I think "that is a GOOD looking car". Mine is a V6 rather than a GT and I've had no problems other than a couple of minor interior rattles that I easily fixed myself.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:02 AM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ken M

Please remember that forums like this are where owners come to complain and discuss problems.
just a slight difference of opinion. the complaining ispart of it, but this very thread about buying a new mustang proves that this is not the only purpose for this forum. obviously we are all mustang enthusiasts or we wouldn't waste our time talking to hundreds of people we'll never meet! we talk about installs, mods, rallies, races, what's new, what's old, etc. so. . . Brandenzzz welcome to the club?! I'm anxious to hear what you end up with!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:58 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

If you can wait til the end of the model year, you will do much better on rebates, factory finacing, and schould still have a good selection. Sometimes the 4th of july sale is almost as good.

Good Luck, Go with the Stang, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1987 Fjord went to the new body style Mustang with the 302 EFI. It was THE car to own at the time. I had the very first one in my area. I had people constantly asking me about the car and giving a thumbs up...

Now, 20 years later I again have a new Mustang GT and I get as many people coming up to me (if not more) asking about the car and complimenting me on how nice it looks. I never thought the car would garner so much attention.

I had one problem so far, the Sirius radio kept turning off. Apple Ford did a great job of working with me to get at the problem and all is well now. I can't say enough about the car, and I can't say enough about my experience with Apple Ford in Apple Valley, MN!

[IMG]local://upfiles/61155/3DFC1A321D114FD9BBFF14FABD504D94.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/61155/154A813F0F2E4B1898C57C0DEF06C65B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Need help on buying a new mustang