Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm sure it's been done 1000x, but need help deciding on stripe design

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:07 PM
mpd525

Default I'm sure it's been done 1000x, but need help deciding on stripe design

Hello, All

Just bought Black07 Mustang GT, and i want to put bright silver stripes on it. I really am trying to stay away from the lemans stripes, because they are so common. i've looked at doing a real wide solid stripe with the pins on each side, and also the boss stripes coming off the hood, with a single in the middle of the 2. And thought about a single with the c-stripes. Problem i see is with the boss, i'm afraid it will be too much, and with the c stripes i'm afraid with a lemans or a single stripe int he center that will be too much as well. Any help and pics greatly appreciated. I've looked every where on the net, and really cant find any that are black and silver. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm sure it's been done 1000x, but need help deciding on stripe design

Maybe you already looked but check out sites like graphic express. They have a lot of car photos to see what others have done. Just make sure you do what "You" like in the end. Suggestions are great but you will be the one looking at it each day.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm sure it's been done 1000x, but need help deciding on stripe design

ORIGINAL: mpd525

Hello, All

Just bought Black 07 Mustang GT, and i want to put bright silver stripes on it. I really am trying to stay away from the lemans stripes, because they are so common. i've looked at doing a real wide solid stripe with the pins on each side, and also the boss stripes coming off the hood, with a single in the middle of the 2. And thought about a single with the c-stripes. Problem i see is with the boss, i'm afraid it will be too much, and with the c stripes i'm afraid with a lemans or a single stripe int he center that will be too much as well. Any help and pics greatly appreciated. I've looked every where on the net, and really cant find any that are black and silver. Thanks.
I'm just showing you my stripes so you can see they are the best looking for the 05+ Black Mustangs.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

ORIGINAL: mpd525

Hello, All

Just bought Black07 Mustang GT, and i want to put bright silver stripes on it. I really am trying to stay away from the lemans stripes, because they are so common. i've looked at doing a real wide solid stripe with the pins on each side, and also the boss stripes coming off the hood, with a single in the middle of the 2. And thought about a single with the c-stripes. Problem i see is with the boss, i'm afraid it will be too much, and with the c stripes i'm afraid with a lemans or a single stripe int he center that will be too much as well. Any help and pics greatly appreciated. I've looked every where on the net, and really cant find any that are black and silver. Thanks.
I'm just showing you my stripes so you can see they are the best looking for the 05+ Black Mustangs.

wingman... whered u buy your stripes? how far apart. they look extremely sexy [sm=drlove.gif]
Old 03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Not to hijack this thread, but them stripes do look good man....
Old 03-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

I agree that you need to do what YOU like, but also consider that when it comes to resale you need to think about what others might like. If you do paint, you are pretty much stuck, but it still looks the best. Vinyl is much less expensive and you can change pretty much at will. From a distance you can not see the difference, but get closer you sure can. If what you end up doing is kind of an odd-ball design, do it in vinyl so you can remove it to make it more resaleable.

PS.... Le Mans stripes are so popular because they just look so damn good on the 05+ cars
Old 03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
JimC

Wingman's look good, but I'm partial to the Shelby Super Stripe These are from Baltimore Street Mods (like Wingman's), but are in white rather than silver (but they are available in silver).

Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang
wingman... whered u buy your stripes? how far apart. they look extremely sexy [sm=drlove.gif]
Thanks so much. I love them. I got them from Baltimore Street Mods, a Mustang Forums sponsor, and they are 10/2/10 inches.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:02 AM
mpd525

yeah i see what you guys are saying. i think i'm going to give up the boss idea, i'm afraid of over doing it, and making the car look stupid. i'm either gonna go with the super stripe or the lemans. probably the super, just because you don't see many of them around. i would however like to go just a little wider, not much, but a inch or 2 wider. thanks guys. My next dilema is wheels, their are so many wheels. i've been looking 2 or 3 hours a night for the last 2 days. I like the old school type bullits, but with a new twist. I don't know this sucks.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:57 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

wingman, where did you get your stripes?

Quick Reply: I'm sure it's been done 1000x, but need help deciding on stripe design