Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen S/C Kicks Ass

Old 03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen S/C Kicks ***

ORIGINAL: Black GT

You were doing 20mph, he was coming up on you at 85mph, and when he got to your rear bumper you hit the gas and he never even got beyond seeing your taillights? What is that, 20mph to 85+mph in under a second?
In all realty his front bumper probably got to my mirrors. It was good timing, being that i have an auto and when you punch it there is a split second where it down shifts (i was in D) i hit it just right to where it kicked in as he came to my rear bumper and it was ***** to the wall from there.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Wow, those are the exact same parts I got sittin in my garage. I plan on doing the install myself in mid April with my brother in law. Now that you got me all pumped up, maybe I'll start without him.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
2006GTSC
3rd Gear Member

Nice! I'm picking mine up Saturday from Team JDM, except I have the 3.40 pulley
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006GTSC

Nice! I'm picking mine up Saturday from Team JDM, except I have the 3.40 pulley
Power is addicting so i have a feeling it wont be too long before i go with a smaller pulley. I want to see how the tune is on a dyno though first.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Evidently you missed the part where they told you to take it easy on the gas until it gets broken in a little. I'd have the same problem.

Glad you're having fun with it, just be sure you don't break anything before you get to enjoy it for a while.

I'm hoping to get mine sometime this summer.

Post some numbers when you get it on the dyno.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

After having the s/c and all the extra parts here for 2 weeks I finally got to pick my stang up a couple hours ago from the install. All i can say is woweewowwow. The shops dyno took a **** so I haven't had it on there to see what kind of #s she’s getting yet, will have to wait till next week. But my first time on the gas as i exited the shop going about 20-25mph I floor it and it starts spinning out like crazy until I let off. Finally find some open road hit it from 40 tires get some spin but catch and I’m off. I've got the biggest **** eaten grin ever. I had my first kill vs. my friend who gave me a lift in his Chevy Lumina (read on before you laugh). So after dropping off all the spare parts left over after the install we are heading back to my office, of course I’m showing off a little. So I get a good distance ahead of him and decide to slow down to about 20mph and let him catch up and fug with him a little. I notice he is coming up quick (later he told me he had it floored and was doing 85) as soon as he gets to my rear bumper I hit it and he never gets to see anything but my taillights. I know its only a lumina but I gave him an 85mph running start. I can’t wait to get her on the dyno and see what the JDM tune is good for. And i cant wait to go up against something besides a lumina.

I added the Saleen kit plus these extras:
JDM cold air kit
90mm mass air meter and harness
39# injectors
3.6 boost pulley
Belt Gates K061080
Saleen Extreme intake boot
Vaccum line upgrade kit Ford Racing Plugs
lucky dog....15 hours...hopefully I will have mine...man cant wait...as far as break in period...I never heard of it...by the way...what tune or tunes did ya get...I got JDM street and race tune...going to dyno both when I get my car to see where they are at with numbers....good luck....careful getting on her if you dont know your AF ratio yet...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

I never heard of a break in period for the supercharger either, hell if you throw it right on the dyno after you install it your gonna get on it pretty hard on there. I only received one tune from JDM didn’t specify if it was race or street, if its the street I cant imagine what the race would be like this thing shifts like a beast, takes a little getting use to when your not trying to get on it though. Once i see how things look on the dyno i have to decide if i want to up the boost with a smaller pulley, every time my car has been on a dyno before, either testing my intake or my nitrous set up, it always ran pig rich, so I may have an over achieving fuel system which means not a major need for a stronger pump to go down a pulley.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I never heard of a break in period for the supercharger either, hell if you throw it right on the dyno after you install it your gonna get on it pretty hard on there. I only received one tune from JDM didn’t specify if it was race or street, if its the street I cant imagine what the race would be like this thing shifts like a beast, takes a little getting use to when your not trying to get on it though. Once i see how things look on the dyno i have to decide if i want to up the boost with a smaller pulley, every time my car has been on a dyno before, either testing my intake or my nitrous set up, it always ran pig rich, so I may have an over achieving fuel system which means not a major need for a stronger pump to go down a pulley.
yeah we will see....what was your boost at..did ya notice...were you pushing 8 psi...if so at what rpm??
all i know as far as tunes go is Jim Jr advised me the race tune is good to play with once and a while but did not advise for every day driving...as he said...(its a nice extra 15-20 rwhp and kick in the pants..and a nice tune to play with once and a while or if you race....but may not want to run all the time...I will start with the street tune to get to the dyno shop...then I will dyno that tune...then the race tune and see the results...I am also going to try and video tape the dyno runs to post somehow for everyone...we will see if I am successful...
hey powers in all seriousness...when you move up this way we should get together....we have a small mustang meet weekly at a local sonic...(i have not been going as often as I should due to work and wanting to get a SC installed first...) we also have a monthly show...I am also trying to spearhead an auto show at my place of business...we already do a HUGE biker bash quarterly...trying to see if VP and Company president would go for a NHRA style show....or similar...we will see and I will advise...be very careful in your car though...thats allot of HP and boost now....dont forget to respect your car always....TJ
Old 03-23-2007, 12:59 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a plan, ill be moving to the st. pete/clearwater area end of april. Where in tampa bay are you again?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

Lets RACE!!!
Bring it! lol
It's already been broughten!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saleen S/C Kicks Ass