Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen S/C Kicks Ass

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:17 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen S/C Kicks ***

After having the s/c and all the extra parts here for 2 weeks I finally got to pick my stang up a couple hours ago from the install. All i can say is woweewowwow. The shops dyno took a **** so I haven't had it on there to see what kind of #s she’s getting yet, will have to wait till next week. But my first time on the gas as i exited the shop going about 20-25mph I floor it and it starts spinning out like crazy until I let off. Finally find some open road hit it from 40 tires get some spin but catch and I’m off. I've got the biggest **** eaten grin ever. I had my first kill vs. my friend who gave me a lift in his Chevy Lumina (read on before you laugh). So after dropping off all the spare parts left over after the install we are heading back to my office, of course I’m showing off a little. So I get a good distance ahead of him and decide to slow down to about 20mph and let him catch up and fug with him a little. I notice he is coming up quick (later he told me he had it floored and was doing 85) as soon as he gets to my rear bumper I hit it and he never gets to see anything but my taillights. I know its only a lumina but I gave him an 85mph running start. I can’t wait to get her on the dyno and see what the JDM tune is good for. And i cant wait to go up against something besides a lumina.

I added the Saleen kit plus these extras:
JDM cold air kit
90mm mass air meter and harness
39# injectors
3.6 boost pulley
Belt Gates K061080
Saleen Extreme intake boot
Vaccum line upgrade kit Ford Racing Plugs
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen S/C Kicks ***

Lucky man! I want some of that... but I can't spend that much. Oh well. [sm=smiley19.gif]
Old 03-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Good Lord almighty.....

Old 03-22-2007, 06:56 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Lets RACE!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:59 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdback19

Lets RACE!!!
Bring it! lol
Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Newfrance6
1st Gear Member

Hey congrats! I'm thinking of going to JDM as well. How long did the entire install take? ALso, if you don't mind how much was it to do the whole thing? Lastly, and this may seem superficial, but does the saleen s/c whine or not? I heard it was very quite but haven't heard it myself and I love the whine of a blower such as that of the cobra.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newfrance6

Hey congrats! I'm thinking of going to JDM as well. How long did the entire install take? ALso, if you don't mind how much was it to do the whole thing? Lastly, and this may seem superficial, but does the saleen s/c whine or not? I heard it was very quite but haven't heard it myself and I love the whine of a blower such as that of the cobra.
I dropped the car off yesterday at 10am and picked it up today at 2pm. THe install ran $1500, i found a place that would do it for $600 but i went with the best shop in town which is also why i had to wait two weeks to get it installed. As far as wine ive heard people say its quite, i havent heard any other brands to compare it too but i can hear mine at idle, at WOT i cant hear anything over my exhaust.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

CONGRATS!!! BLOWERS FTW!!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

build the bottom end up and up the psi, you will hear the whine Newfrance6
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

After having the s/c and all the extra parts here for 2 weeks I finally got to pick my stang up a couple hours ago from the install. All i can say is woweewowwow. The shops dyno took a **** so I haven't had it on there to see what kind of #s she’s getting yet, will have to wait till next week. But my first time on the gas as i exited the shop going about 20-25mph I floor it and it starts spinning out like crazy until I let off. Finally find some open road hit it from 40 tires get some spin but catch and I’m off. I've got the biggest **** eaten grin ever. I had my first kill vs. my friend who gave me a lift in his Chevy Lumina (read on before you laugh). So after dropping off all the spare parts left over after the install we are heading back to my office, of course I’m showing off a little. So I get a good distance ahead of him and decide to slow down to about 20mph and let him catch up and fug with him a little. I notice he is coming up quick (later he told me he had it floored and was doing 85) as soon as he gets to my rear bumper I hit it and he never gets to see anything but my taillights. I know its only a lumina but I gave him an 85mph running start. I can’t wait to get her on the dyno and see what the JDM tune is good for. And i cant wait to go up against something besides a lumina.
You were doing 20mph, he was coming up on you at 85mph, and when he got to your rear bumper you hit the gas and he never even got beyond seeing your taillights? What is that, 20mph to 85+mph in under a second?
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Quick Reply: Saleen S/C Kicks Ass