Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q Logic Kick Panel speakers and audio advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 AM
dlamib

Default Q Logic Kick Panel speakers and audio advice

I was starting my mods with the audio first. The shaker is killing me. Skip, skip, skip. I was looking at a set of Q logic kick panel speakers. Anyone out there have them installed? Anyone have problems kicking them. The company claims it improves the acoustics in the vehicle but i am hoping to hear first hand knowlege about them.Also looking for advice on whats the best HU out there in single DIN.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Q Logic Kick Panel speakers and audio advice

I'd look at a Pioneer or Alpine HU... I bought the Pioneer Premier 980BT... Built in Blue Tooth, lots of controls for EQ/sub levels/time correction, Sat ready, 5v preamp outs... a tad hard to navigate, but once ya learn the menu system, works well... Good sound quality....

One advantage we have is the fact that ya have those subs in the door, so you can use them for a mid bass driver which will equal out the sound with a big sub in the trunk...

Old 03-23-2007, 11:37 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

You need to plan out first what your budget will be as that will dictate wether you go for a simple system (new HU and some stock replacement speakers) or if you want to go more serious and instead go HU, amps, new speakers.

Don't forget the noise damping (Dynamat & similar products). That will make a bigger difference in your sound quality than spending three times as much on speakers/amps/etc.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

New HU means loss of speed sensitive volume, yes?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:32 PM
dlamib

ORIGINAL: Perdi

I'd look at a Pioneer or Alpine HU... I bought the Pioneer Premier 980BT... Built in Blue Tooth, lots of controls for EQ/sub levels/time correction, Sat ready, 5v preamp outs... a tad hard to navigate, but once ya learn the menu system, works well... Good sound quality....

One advantage we have is the fact that ya have those subs in the door, so you can use them for a mid bass driver which will equal out the sound with a big sub in the trunk...

I checked out the pioneer like you suggested. Great HU but got a question for ya. There is a 3.5mm jack located on aux 1 on the back of the radio. Can an mp-3 player or an i pod shuffle hook up to it with an adaptor cable? Would your HU recognize them on the display?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:35 PM
dlamib

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

You need to plan out first what your budget will be as that will dictate wether you go for a simple system (new HU and some stock replacement speakers) or if you want to go more serious and instead go HU, amps, new speakers.

Don't forget the noise damping (Dynamat & similar products). That will make a bigger difference in your sound quality than spending three times as much on speakers/amps/etc.
I havent cracked the doors yet. I take it there is no noise dampening in the doors?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:36 PM
dlamib

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

To my knowledge, yes.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
VaBeachMustang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlamib

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

To my knowledge, yes.
LOL didnt know people actually used that function.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
dlamib

Trust me I don't but the wife does in her F-150. It slays me.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There is a tiny strip of some kind of damping material in each door...but it is very small. Get in there and do it for real!

The jack on the back of that HU will take audio in, from something like an MP3 player. But it will not display anything from the player or control it. It is JUST an audio input.

Quick Reply: Q Logic Kick Panel speakers and audio advice