Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SJB Nightmare Fixed. Complete Story!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 12:51 PM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SJB Nightmare Fixed. Complete Story!!!

They replaced some stuff around the passenger side windshield area. Could of been sealing something or whatever, not really sure, but they said that they stoped the source of the leak. They are probly full of crap, but its been raining here enough to see Noah cruisin by in his boat and I still havent had a leak. And Ive been checking the compartment (Passenger side kick panel ) and theres no moisture yet.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Anyone have picks of where the foam goes, etc?
Has to be a better homemade solution : )
Old 03-25-2007, 09:07 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Guys, the foam cover is NOT a solution. I have this stupid foam cover and I've had electrical problems, water, etc. I think you may be missing the point: there should be no water coming INSIDE the car! The foam piece is nothing more than a band-aid from Ford, at best, and in my opinion doesn't even do what it's supposed to do anyway.

Please don't settle for a piece of foam. It is unacceptable as a solution to this problem.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hey, I feel you man as I am just as **** about my ride as well. I really know what you are going through. Dealers need to listen to their customers and you would have saved Ford some money if they had listened to you in the first place.Once again it sucks big time that it happened to you and your awesome new ride. I am on your side here and just needed some clarification on some things that you cleared up for me. Thanks, and I was not aware of the deep scratches after removing the old radio and putting in the new one. That would **** me off as well. I would probably be to the point where I would just want the car gone and a new one in hand that day! (Like that would really happen but...) Let us know what happens with the scratch repairs and the rest of the headache. J
ORIGINAL: The_Third_Horseman

ORIGINAL: mygt500

I have a question....if the warranty work performed by a Ford dealer to fix any problem is done than isn't said work for the warranty issue reimbursed or paid for in full by Ford Motor Co? I mean if the dealer represents Ford and their products than wouldn't the dealer get paid for any warranty work performed by a Ford dealer? See what I am saying in reference to Ford dealers being cheap and not doing the work that originally was the problem. Now you have a new SJB and a new radio and a new shaker 1000 kicker subs. Isn't that more than if they just took your advice and replaced the subs and the SJB? I agree with you that stealerships suck esp the sales guys and some of the service aspects but it was my understanding that any work performed by Ford dealerships under warranty that Ford Motor Co. supplies is covered by Ford itself and not the dealer. They really should car less as it is not their money paying for the warranty fixes. Am I wrong here......anyone? Anyway thanks and I am glad you car is 100% again and it sucks you had to jump through hoops just to get it done right...the third time. J
To answer your question. Yes , I have a new SJB, new Shaker 1000 subs, BUT, the new radio they put in that I didnt need resulted in big scratches and deep scrapes to my center console from where they took it apart. I knew it would happen and thats why I was so pissed ( Thats what pissed me off more than anything ) . Now its going to be more and more time and headache to get that fixed. And yes Im **** about it because the car was 4 days old. As for the dealer and warranty work,A technicianeven told me that they are under a ton of pressure from Ford to get the job done as quick and as cheaply as possible. So Ford was making them go every cheaper route possible, even if it was the wrong route, in order to avoid having to make a big fix ( In this case what equated to probly $1500 in parts and labor). The service manager was in contact with ford the whole time and they just kept getting him to go the cheaper route and replace cheaper smaller things even though the obvious cause was there in plain sight. Yes ford pays the dealer for the parts and repair, but only if they replace exactly what Ford says and does it exactly how Ford says to do it, which will obviously be the cheapest way possible. The dealer is not authorized to make a single warranty repair without permissionfrom Ford. So yes, they get paid back, but only if they do exactly as told. They just cant fix whatever they want and then say to Ford "wheres my money?"
Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 AM
The_Third_Horseman
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. I appreciate the support. Hopefully they will just get sick of seeing my ugly face and get it all fixed and fixed right once and for all to keep me from showing up everyday. And Im def going to be right there in their face until this car works and looks like it just came from the showroom.

By the way, your Stang looks very badass. Sweet ride!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:50 PM
flragtop

I am going through the same thing and appreciate the info. i am going to talk to the dealer about this senario. They are pretty cooperative, or maybe because I used to work there as a service advisor they know they can't bull**** me. I am going to ask them to pull theTSB on the leakoff oasis and see what happens. The dealers here (Ft Lauderdale) outsourse their audio work to an independant ford certified company (Techni-car) I know their rep so I can talk directly with him. As of yesterday aftere replacing the sub and one of the amps they ordered a new radio.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Darry

New guy here - my '07 is out of warranty and I just discovered the leak in the lower right passenger side (drove in heavy rain for first time recently). Has anyone had this repaired and had to pay for it themselves? Trying to decide whether to tackle this myself or "bite the bullet" and pay the dealer.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:39 PM
kdphoto

The dealer is full of ****. When the first time my 2006 leaked due to the firewall grommets being plugged they said it would be $500 to fix it. After research I found the simple answer of unplugging the grommets with my finger in 10 secs! They new very well what the problem was and yet they were going to take my car for the night so they so call fix the the big problem.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 PM
kdphoto

Noticed tonight that the right side blinker lights front and rear stay on when the car is off. Rained all day yesterday so I checked the grommets on the firewall no water. Must have gotten in somewhere else but the passenger side is dry. On unhooked the negative side of the battery will see what happens in the AM
Old 05-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Harry Dixon

Default Sjb water damage

Originally Posted by The_Third_Horseman
They replaced some stuff around the passenger side windshield area. Could of been sealing something or whatever, not really sure, but they said that they stoped the source of the leak. They are probly full of crap, but its been raining here enough to see Noah cruisin by in his boat and I still havent had a leak. And Ive been checking the compartment (Passenger side kick panel ) and theres no moisture yet.
The water comes in thru cabin air filter. There is a drain plug below the cowling that has a rubber plug in it. It gets stopped up and water fills up to the filter and comes thru to the car. I just removed the rubber plug so it would drain out. Fixed the problem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SJB Nightmare Fixed. Complete Story!!!