Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a question for all you driving autos

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:48 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I have a question for all you driving autos

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

i got an auto because my parents wouldnt let me get a stick because they said it would get me into trouble...and they said that shifting would get old after a while

i really dont care though they basically bought it for me
haha can't argue with that.

how does the boom tube sound? clips?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:51 PM
05v6marc
1st Gear Member

I got an auto because I get to keep my tires longer with a stick all I want to do is burnout.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:10 PM
07mark
2nd Gear Member

I bought an auto sinceI have driven a 5 speed Ford probe for the last ten years and just got tired of shifting. I still drive my probe alot and I know having a 5 speed GT would be a blast but also realize that I would be broke because of new tires. Either way the auto is still a blast to drivea nd with my new tuneI have no problem with acceraltion. To each their own. Just have fun.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:13 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I traded my auto for a stick because I was under the impression a muscle car should be a stick? I wanted to feel the car more and I sure do, It is also feels faster, no doubt but I think it is the 3.55 diff that makes it feel that way.
At car shows 90+ percent of peoples reactions always were "oh, its automatic" Like that was bad!!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

This is a retarded post. I myself have a stick. Why? Because i wanted one. Im sure its the same reason why someone with an auto wanted an auto. If you go to a dealership 95% of all mustangs on the lot are auto, obviously theres a reason. Many people arent interested in dropping it down and getting on it every time they drive. I dont mean to offend anyone here but me being 20 years old wanted a stick for obvious reasons, but if you noticed many s197 drivers are older, and dont really care to drive a stick. Most vets have been driving sticks for years and feel like just chillin in their nice, fast, AUTO. Its not really a big thing. Go ask ford why 80% of the mustangs they sell are auto, im sure they will give you an answer. Its really not a big deal, i dont know why this subject keeps coming up. Thats like me making a post " why did you buy a convertable muscle car? they are heavier which = slower." Every answer would be , " cuz i wanted one." Which is the exact answer you are going to get with this dumba$$ question. To each their own, who cares!?
hehe +1...very well put
Old 03-25-2007, 06:21 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I got me an auto...just because....fill in the blank with any of the reasons above...
Old 03-25-2007, 06:24 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

This is a retarded post. I myself have a stick. Why? Because i wanted one. Im sure its the same reason why someone with an auto wanted an auto. If you go to a dealership 95% of all mustangs on the lot are auto, obviously theres a reason. Many people arent interested in dropping it down and getting on it every time they drive. I dont mean to offend anyone here but me being 20 years old wanted a stick for obvious reasons, but if you noticed many s197 drivers are older, and dont really care to drive a stick. Most vets have been driving sticks for years and feel like just chillin in their nice, fast, AUTO. Its not really a big thing. Go ask ford why 80% of the mustangs they sell are auto, im sure they will give you an answer. Its really not a big deal, i dont know why this subject keeps coming up. Thats like me making a post " why did you buy a convertable muscle car? they are heavier which = slower." Every answer would be , " cuz i wanted one." Which is the exact answer you are going to get with this dumba$$ question. To each their own, who cares!?

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 [&:]
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I originally ended up with an auto because that was all that was left in my entire region when I bought it. I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing that Ford was offering. I have been driving manual cars for most of my adault life and at first I didn't want to go with an auto but the fact that the dealership didn't have the exact car that I wanted it was a big bargaining chip for me. They had to talk me into the automatic and it ended up saving me a couple grand. After driving my new car for a couple months i'm actually glad I bought an auto. It's kept me out of trouble and it's so much nicer when I get stuck in traffic(which is everyday!!!). Do I miss driving a 5speed? Sometimes. Do I regret buying an auto? Hell no!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

I bought one of EACH!
Old 03-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

I originally ended up with an auto because that was all that was left in my entire region when I bought it. I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing that Ford was offering. I have been driving manual cars for most of my adault life and at first I didn't want to go with an auto but the fact that the dealership didn't have the exact car that I wanted it was a big bargaining chip for me. They had to talk me into the automatic and it ended up saving me a couple grand. After driving my new car for a couple months i'm actually glad I bought an auto. It's kept me out of trouble and it's so much nicer when I get stuck in traffic(which is everyday!!!). Do I miss driving a 5speed? Sometimes. Do I regret buying an auto? Hell no!!!!
the auto is a 5 speed
I wish people would stop saying 5 speed when they mean stick both trany's are 5 speed

Quick Reply: I have a question for all you driving autos