Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wine transport

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 AM
unreal41683

Default wine transport

So today my dad goes "hey, why don't you go pick up some wine from the store for me. I already paid for it, just go pick it up." I need to go get gas anyway so I say sure why not. So its a nice day and I just took off my snows yesterday so I take my car out. I get to the store and pick up the 3 bottles of red that my dad bought. They give them to me in a box, and fold the box closed. I put the box in my front seat and go to get some gas. I get the gas and happen to see a torch red 07 with a pony package filling up too, so I figure I'm having a good day.

Apparently I was wrong. A couple miles later I have to slam on my brakes, I do and the car stops fine, just like it should, unforetunately the box in the front seat doesn't. Instead it topples over and all three bottles slide out. They colide on the passengar side floor, and one of the tops breaks off. A whole bottle of red wine spills out onto the floor of my car.

What do I do? I have red wine sitting in my car, in a puddle on the floor. I drive down the street to the nearest store and buy 3 rolls of paper towels. I sop up as much of the wine as I can and try to think of what my next move should be. I realize that it's 630 and maybe if i'm lucky the nearby carwash still has their interior section open, so I drive over there. I get there at 645, and they closed at 600. So I grab the phonebook. No one is open.

I drive to a nearby self wash, and put a couple of bucks into the self shampooer. A couple minutes later and the carpet looks better, but still not very good. I don't want the stain to sit till the next day to get cleaned, so I call a friend of mine, and they tell me to come over. I spent an hour using oxy clean and their bissel carpet cleaner. That sh*t really works. 5 gallons of water through their carpet cleaner later, and I think that the stain is mostly gone.

I will try to get some pics tomorrow to show you guys, but at worst I may only have to replace the passenger floor mats. Much better than I would have ever guessed after seeing a puddle of wine on my floor.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone else?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 AM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: wine transport

I'm not sure if it will help if the wine dries, but there is a red wine stain remover, or just use white wine.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 AM
Brandontyler65
I ♥ Acer

i saw on myth busters that they used stale urine or boiled **** to make it in a hurry and it cleaned the wine the best better than tide
Old 03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

Red wine smell > boiled **** smell
Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Go to you Fjord dealer and tell them the water leak is getting worse!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 AM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

no officer i was just transporting the wine when it opened, see its all over the floor, What, Get out...... THats the luck most of us would of had. Ive seen oxy clean work but you will need a carpet cleaner machine to get it all.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM
07rymasmGT

[sm=alcoholic.gif]that boiled **** remedy sounds pretty disgusting. i must have missed that episode
Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Was it good wine? How did your dad like the other 2 bottles?

Hope you can get the stain out. I had a 1997 Grand Prix GT, when the car wasabout 3 months old my girlfriend spilled a full glass of red wine on the passenger seat. Stain is still there today.

I know what was she doing with wine in the car?????
Old 03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

I had a super stinky candle melt in the back seat of my car. I tried to sop up the wax with an iron and a brown paper bag but the stain is still there. Thankfully, the stench is gone.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedyejl

Red wine smell > boiled **** smell
LMFAO!!! [sm=happybounce.gif] That's an episode I'm GLAD I pissed, er' I mean missed. [&:]

Quick Reply: wine transport