Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competition with the new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Competition with the new camaro

They don't even have actual real photos of the Camaro moving!!! It's all cartoons! Hit the snooze button and keep dreaming! Maybe we'll have a better idea of what the Camaro will really look like at next winter's auto shows.
actually on the forza motor sports show that has been airing the past few wednesdays, the host drove a new camaro(well the atleast the concept one).also my parents saw one and took pictures at a car show in dallas, tx
Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I read that same article somewhere too about Ford considering a Mustang Wagon and Sedan to capitalize on the Mustang name. The article I read also mentioned alternatives such as bring back the Maverick name (built on Mustang chassis but different body) and the Interceptor as mentioned too.

I really hope they don't make a 4 door or wagon and decide to call it mustang. I would never buy another mustangif they started that[]
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
JasonIsAGeek
1st Gear Member

I saw the interceptor and camaro convertible concept at the Dallas Auto Show two weekends ago. Both were pretty cool looking but the lincoln mkr concept was my favorite.

[IMG]www.auto123.com/.../74349/Lincoln-MKR-i001.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

that camaro is not stream line at all, the challenger however is but it will most likely fall as the charger will too
i love how GM says they want to make the camaro affordable yet they want to put the LS2 in it, plus it is a totally new car and look at the GTO, it had the LS2 and started at i think $36,000 and it depreciated very quickly, and it wasn't that much faster than the S197
and that forza show is a joke, they have cars that are in totally different catagories and it is a big advertising plot for GM as the camaro is in it, but all i saw was him driving it, not racing it, they have a working one but they limit the speed at around 40mph because it is a prototype, also he most likely is only in it when the camera is on then it is back into its heavily gaurded trailer
don't worry the mustang will come on top as it is the american icon vehicle IMHO
Old 03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

I think it's all speculation and rumor at this point. Have you been to the Chevy Camaro site?
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/
They don't even have actual real photos of the Camaro moving!!! It's all cartoons! Hit the snooze button and keep dreaming! Maybe we'll have a better idea of what the Camaro will really look like at next winter's auto shows.
But even if you think it's ugly, there would be a list a mile long to buy it even if it looks they way it currently does.
Also, check out the dash on the 2008 Malibu. Looks like it's got the 2 scoops taken out of the dash like the old model Mustangs
ok i just went to that link and i had a very good laugh, that little intro and the website as a matter of fact looks like one of those stupid scion commercials that take place in down town party city LMAO
oh and they want to put an independent rear suspension, which adds to my price thing, the GT500 at first was going to get an independent rear suspension but the ideal was scrapped after it would have jumped the price up a lot not sure how much but it wouldn't be cheap, also the independent rear suspension would be for twisties and tracks which most people do not use their mustangs or camaros for, maybe in europe and asia but in america we want off the line performance, aka (drag racing)
Old 03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

I saw the interceptor and camaro convertible concept at the Dallas Auto Show two weekends ago. Both were pretty cool looking but the lincoln mkr concept was my favorite.
yea thats the same one my parents went to. plus i think the older camaros look 2x as good as the new one and thats not saying a whole lot
Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 PM
SDozier

Hey Red Stang guy,

Can you send a post a full size (or attachment) of your 05 Mustang. It looks great!

SD

2006 GT Torch Red

[IMG]local://upfiles/59725/5804609BAB1F4C3FB74F546EF9ACC775.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-27-2007, 12:03 AM
red stangguy
1st Gear Member

Her is my pic of my car

[IMG]local://upfiles/64087/472A2B6ADF3A40A3B6EF602A60C7E3D1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-27-2007, 12:19 AM
cbondlv
1st Gear Member

I think the new camaro looks pretty sweet....its gonna be a beast.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red stangguy

Her is my pic of my car

[IMG]local://upfiles/64087/472A2B6ADF3A40A3B6EF602A60C7E3D1.jpg[/IMG]
do you have any pics of the rear and what bodykit is that???

and about the camaro i think it looks pretty mean if you ask me...but if it is up in the $40,000 price range why wouldnt people just buy a vette??? its not that much more baseline

Quick Reply: Competition with the new camaro