Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

. Time to Stripe---Need Opions from Stripers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Rockman95

Default . Time to Stripe---Need Opions from Stripers

I have a Vista Blue GT and am looking to purchase a 10" rally stripe kitalong with 1/2" or 1/4" pinstripes (leaning toward 1/2" pinstripes). I'm torn between the following colors from Baltimore Street Mods: Gloss White or Gloss Silver. Also consideringAntique Whiteor Metallic Silver. I know there are a few Vista Blues on here who've already done the stripe thing, so I'm looking for your opinion. I'd like for the car to stand out soI'm reallyleaning towardGloss White; however, I'm a little nervous about it being toooverpowering. I was also wondering if the white stripes were hard to keep clean or do they really collect dirt/stains? Does anyone have Gloss Silver or Metallic Silver on their Vista Blue---how about some pics?Do the 3M stripes last a good while before they start cracking/fading?It's it easy to get them re-striped after 5 or6 years??

Am I missing a color here? How about black on Vista Blue....I haven't seen anyone on here with black stripes. Wonder if they would show up that well on blue?

I have a paint and body shop that installs stripes on alot of the cars around herethat's going to do the install for about $40 per hour. They figure it'll run about 3 hours. I haven't told them about the pinstripes, so I imagine that'll take a little longer.

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 AM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: . Time to Stripe---Need Opions from Stripers

Just put black ones on my tungsten grey, makes it really stand out (already had one person ask if I had an Eleanor).

As foryour vista blue, it's really up to you. If you're going for a classic look, then gloss white would be the way to go. If you want to stand out, but be a little different, go with the gloss silver. Seen both variations on 67 mustangs, and both look good (once you put the stripes on though, your car will attract attention no matter what color they are, though the silver will be a little less). Don't go black though, it will not show up at all

As for durability and showing stains, the stripes will hold up pretty well. The fact that they will be a contrasting color from your current paint will make them appear to be dirtier, but they can take it. So long as you park it in a garage/keep the car under a car cover, the stripes should last a while. Thethe color may dull a little over time due to the sun (esp the metallic), but with some TLC, they'll come back (had gold stripes on my old mustang, lasted 15 yrs before they were taken off, but that was b/c the whole car got a new coat of paint).

Can't provide any pics for ya since mine's the wrong color, but I'm sure a google search will shed some light on things if you don't get any hits here (baltimore street mods has a blue & white mustang on the site for an idea there)
Old 03-27-2007, 02:19 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

You may be missing a couple of possibilities, depending on how daring you want to be. Check out this site: http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pePainter.html
They have sonic blue instead of vista blue, but it should give you some idea.

BTW, I saw a white mustang with pink stripes. A woman was driving it, of course.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:23 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I'm partial to metallic silver.