Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you driven a fusion/milan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
stangnomore

Default RE: Have you driven a fusion/milan?

It drives pretty good. I cruise at 80 mph without a problem. Since I drive over 100 miles per day, it seemed to be the right choice. Better gas milleage, better insurance and it's easier to get the kids in and out. However everytime I keep in it I miss the mustang.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Ya got the auto or shhhhhhhtick?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 PM
stangnomore

Auto. Dealer did not have any manuals on the lot.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Both are great cars and pretty much the same car just one is Lincoln/mercury and the other is Ford. I plan on buying one after the DD dies.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Have you seen the recent Fusion commercial where they do the autocrossing at Calif. Speedway? I was there. Still haven't been able to tape it and freeze frame to see if I'm in any of the crowd shots. They had cameras set up in the cars - all were auto V-6's - Honda Accord, Toyota Camry and Fusion AWD. From a standstill all cars were slow, but that's comparing them to the GT!
Where they all did well was in the handling, with the Fusion being the best. It felt most level in hard turns, and I'm talking HARD turns! 4-wheel drift with 4 people inside! And I had an actual French race car driver do a couple laps with me and I was amazed at what the car can do! On a tight course with plenty of turns it would be real close in time to any Mustang.
I think it needs a manual mode for the tranny, better wheels and a better stereo. I saw a Roush and it looked like it met the last 2 of those.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I also drove a Fusion when my Stang was in for some warranty work. It was a nice little car. The one I drove had the 4 banger, but it performed nicely. It had the Shaker 500 stereo in it and sounded pretty nice. I only drove it for a little while and they were finished with my car, but not too bad for a small car.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

If you like that... you should try the Mazda 6. The fusion is built on the Mazda 6's platform.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:01 AM
e_pad
1st Gear Member

My wife has a v-6 fusion and it is really nice car for normal people. The last time we were at the track, she came later than me so her car was there also. It was open trackand slow as hell. No lines to run at all. So, while the stang was cooling off I had to see what it could do! It ran 15.5 at 93? Can't remember the mph. I only ran once, but thats not too bad. My friends got a kick out of it, and it wasn't the slowest car out there.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangnomore

It drives pretty good. I cruise at 80 mph without a problem. Since I drive over 100 miles per day, it seemed to be the right choice. Better gas milleage, better insurance and it's easier to get the kids in and out. However everytime I keep in it I miss the mustang.
Then buy another Mustang for your weekend thrills.
I have a conversion van that I use when I want to haul the family around. When I just want to go out for a spin, I drive the Mustang. For work, I own my own business and drive a 15 foot E-350, so getting in the stang is like driving a go cart......ALL FUN!
Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: failurze_art

My sister has a fusion with the 3.0 v6 and I must say that I am very impressed. It handles so nice and the cabin is very quiet. I never thought ford would make a car like this. And performance ain't all that bad. I'm trying to talk her to getting some of the steeda parts for it, but I know she won't. I just wonder what it will do with cold air and a tune......lol.
I own an '06 SEL with every option, the car rocks and considering it was 10k less than my '04 TL which SUCKED, it was a steal! It's quiet, smooth, doesn't rattle and has never had to visit the dealer in the year that I've owned it.

Quick Reply: Have you driven a fusion/milan?