Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you order your Stang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM
srstang

Default RE: Did you order your Stang?

We were lucky. My wife wanted a Redfire convertible with black top, auto and ABS. We found a V6 on the local lot with these options and they were offering 3K off list with all the dealer and factory discounts so the net price was below invoice, plus I was able to get a decent trade value (that's usually where they get you).

I used the dealer's website to submit my query on the car and deal directly with the fleet manager to avoid a sales rep. to cut a lot of the BS out of the process.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:41 PM
titanjcGT

I didn't have time to order mine, I had to find a replacement vehicle FAST. Luckily there are about 15 Ford dealers within 20 miles of my apartment, and I found what I was looking for.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:48 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I went to 3 dealers and got them all to give me their very best price on a factory ordered '07 (in September '06), and I finally got exactly the car I wanted for invoice minus the (at that time) $500 rebate!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

I went to 3 dealers and got them all to give me their very best price on a factory ordered '07 (in September '06), and I finally got exactly the car I wanted for invoice minus the (at that time) $500 rebate!
I'm gonna go just short of calling [sm=bs.gif]on this one. It's HIGHLY unlikely anybody can get this kind of deal without working for the dealer, or personally knowing somebody that does. Where it's not unlikely to get a car at invoice, it's less likely to get it shortly when the new model year cars are hitting the showrooms. The main reason I call BS on this is(to my knowledge) Ford didn't offer anyrebateson 07 Mustangswhen they were just hitting the lots in Sept 06.

Having said that, you're more likely to get a good price on a car that's in dealer stock than ordering one, and the best time to buy one is in December when they're still caring a wide variety of colors and options, and when Ford offers good rebates to boost the end of year sales numbers. You can get an evenbetter deal in the summer just before or just after the new model year cars hit the lots, but your choices won't be as good.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

They may have offered rebates on them such as the $500 College Student rebate, or Military Member rebate. There are rebates out there that not everyone is qualified for.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pony Ride

I'm gonna go just short of calling [sm=bs.gif]on this one. It's HIGHLY unlikely anybody can get this kind of deal without working for the dealer, or personally knowing somebody that does. Where it's not unlikely to get a car at invoice, it's less likely to get it shortly when the new model year cars are hitting the showrooms. The main reason I call BS on this is(to my knowledge) Ford didn't offer anyrebateson 07 Mustangswhen they were just hitting the lots in Sept 06.

Dude- why the hell would I lie about something like that...?!
You must really have some serious issues about getting lied to in the past to be so friggin' paranoid.
FYI, Ford had a permanent minimum $500 rebate on the Stang- and the dealer told me that this would be the minimum rebate I would get, but that it "could" possibly be more when my car arrived (turned out to be the 1st week of November).
It remained at $500, and so I got my car for EXACTLY invoice (not for msrp- but for INVOICE!) MINUS the $500 rebate- for a total price of $500 UNDER invoice.
Maybe the fact that I paid cold hard cash for the car had something to do with it.

If you find this so hard to believe, then maybe you should take the trouble to find another dealer instead of questioning my veracity!
The dealer in question was LARSON Ford in Lakewood, N.J. in case you'd like to check my story, and no- I didn't know anyone there, I just walked in off the street armed with "bottom line" price quotes from 2 other dealers and asked them if they'd care to beat those prices and win my order right then and there. Of course they tried to sell me an '06 off the lot, but I refused to buy a GT with a spoiler and told them that this was a "dealbreaker".
Naturally, I kept my original invoice plus all related documentation, and if you'd care to make it worth my while, I'd be happy to pm you a scan.
JEEZ !!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Pony Ride
1st Gear Member

Dude- why the hell would I lie about something like that...?!
You must really have some serious issues about getting lied to in the past to be so friggin' paranoid.
FYI, Ford had a permanent minimum $500 rebate on the Stang- and the dealer told me that this would be the minimum rebate I would get, but that it "could" possibly be more when my car arrived (turned out to be the 1st week of November).
It remained at $500, and so I got my car for EXACTLY invoice (not for msrp- but for INVOICE!) MINUS the $500 rebate- for a total price of $500 UNDER invoice.
Maybe the fact that I paid cold hard cash for the car had something to do with it.

If you find this so hard to believe, then maybe you should take the trouble to find another dealer instead of questioning my veracity!
The dealer in question was LARSON Ford in Lakewood, N.J. in case you'd like to check my story, and no- I didn't know anyone there, I just walked in off the street armed with "bottom line" price quotes from 2 other dealers and asked them if they'd care to beat those prices and win my order right then and there. Of course they tried to sell me an '06 off the lot, but I refused to buy a GT with a spoiler and told them that this was a "dealbreaker".
Naturally, I kept my original invoice plus all related documentation, and if you'd care to make it worth my while, I'd be happy to pm you a scan.
JEEZ !!!
First, you'd better read my original post VERY carefully. I never once said you lied. I used terms like "highly unlikely" and "just short of calling BS" ... so, I think it's you who needs to lighten up. There are many that have walked into a dealer and purchased a car at or very close to invoice (including me), but if you're a frequent reader of similar threads here and on other forums, you know that's not the experience of most Mustang buyers out there.

Unless the rebate you got is related to college or military as another poster stated, or if it was a dealer rebate or regional thing, I still call BS on the Ford factory rebate being offered in Sept 06 for 07 Mustangs. I know this because I was shopping for an 07 during that time, and there weren't any Ford factory rebates on the Mustang until later in the year, when I finally purchased mine.

Buying a new car can be a very stressful and daunting experience, especially when you throw in all the A, D,X or similar plans that are available depending on your eligibility. The original poster wanted to know about price negotiation experiences relative to ordering directly from the factory versus buying from dealer stock. You had a great experience, and I think we all would like to have a similar one, but you have to realize yours is the exception, not the rule.... especially if the dealergave you a "factory" rebate that Ford wasn't offering themselves at that time.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Bought mine off the lot last November.'06 Satin Silver GT Premium, automatic, 18" Pol. Alum. Bullitts, Lo Jack,interior color accent pkg( red interior), front side airbags, active anti theft, interior upgrade pkg Sticker was $31,515, took it home for $27,148!!!

(They also gave me $19,000 for my trade in: 2000 Corvette: 43k miles, hardtop(FRC) model, the "pre" Z06)

Buying off the lot worked for me!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Ordered mine about two weeks ago. I wasnt interested in any of the options and I needed to keep the price low. So they ordered me a bone stock 2007 GT...its running me around 24,000 after a 1600 dollar trade in.I gave up the rebate for the low interest rate. Got an email today telling me the estimated delivery date is April 12th, man I cant wait.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

First, you'd better read my original post VERY carefully. I never once said you lied. I used terms like "highly unlikely" and "just short of calling BS" ... so, I think it's you who needs to lighten up. There are many that have walked into a dealer and purchased a car at or very close to invoice (including me), but if you're a frequent reader of similar threads here and on other forums, you know that's not the experience of most Mustang buyers out there.

Unless the rebate you got is related to college or military as another poster stated, or if it was a dealer rebate or regional thing, I still call BS on the Ford factory rebate being offered in Sept 06 for 07 Mustangs. I know this because I was shopping for an 07 during that time, and there weren't any Ford factory rebates on the Mustang until later in the year, when I finally purchased mine.

Buying a new car can be a very stressful and daunting experience, especially when you throw in all the A, D,X or similar plans that are available depending on your eligibility. The original poster wanted to know about price negotiation experiences relative to ordering directly from the factory versus buying from dealer stock. You had a great experience, and I think we all would like to have a similar one, but you have to realize yours is the exception, not the rule.... especially if the dealergave you a "factory" rebate that Ford wasn't offering themselves at that time.

Well, to me "just short of calling BS" sounds a lot like calling me a bullsh*tter- which another word for liar, but if that wasn't your intention than no harm no foul.
I really have no idea exactly what my dealer called that $500 rebate (whether Ford factory, or just from them, or for those paying cash, or a "regional" rebate). It was most definitely not a college or military rebate if that's what you're implying.
All I heard was the salesman saying: "at least $500 and maybe more at the time of delivery", and that was good enough for me!
Yes, I did indeed have a great experience with Larson Ford, and I made sure to call the Ford "customer relations" hotline a few days later and told them about my whole experience (they in turn contacted my dealer about my call, and the next time I went back there to pick up my tags I was treated like royalty!).
In hindsight, the only "stressful" part for me was having to wait 6 whole weeks for my new baby to be delivered (I barely made it without driving both my wife and the sales manager at Larson nuts with my nagging)........

Quick Reply: Did you order your Stang?