Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Bullitt Mustang Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2008 Bullitt Mustang Update

I was under the assumption the new 302 was going in the Bullit.....I know I read that somewhere, and that they were only going to make 2500 or 5000 of these something exclusive along the lines of the gt 500. If I could remeber where I read that I'd post a link or scan the article. I do some digging.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
FINGT
1st Gear Member

I would go for the upcoming Boss. If Bullit has the 400 hp and green color, but it still looks like V6 [sm=smiley21.gif]
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
JSK

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Didn't we see that photo about 1 1/2 years ago?
I was hoping to see a new one!
I have no idea how they're getting 400HP with N/A...
What's the most they ever got from a 4.6?
Or are we talking CAI, tune, pulleys, and the new camshafts and exhaust system... hmmm, I still don't think it'd get there.
Personally, I'd rather they just put more money into a beefy suspension! I was jamming around San Francisco in 2005 with my new GT and had to slow WAY down for the turns... and when avoiding cable cars!
I noticed they said it will be equipped with a DOHC engine (compared to our SOHC engines) - would the DOHC push out 100hp more/liter than the SOHC?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JSK

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Didn't we see that photo about 1 1/2 years ago?
I was hoping to see a new one!
I have no idea how they're getting 400HP with N/A...
What's the most they ever got from a 4.6?
Or are we talking CAI, tune, pulleys, and the new camshafts and exhaust system... hmmm, I still don't think it'd get there.
Personally, I'd rather they just put more money into a beefy suspension! I was jamming around San Francisco in 2005 with my new GT and had to slow WAY down for the turns... and when avoiding cable cars!
I noticed they said it will be equipped with a DOHC engine (compared to our SOHC engines) - would the DOHC push out 100hp more/liter than the SOHC?
That's whatI was thinking. If it had different heads, cams and tune it would certainly help it get there. Seems like it would need to be a little higher revving, have better breathing exhaust and an intake to let it all come in. I still think 400 n/ahp is possible but not likely from a factory 4.6 from Ford.

But then again they rate them from the crank. If there are guys putting 340 to the wheels with full bolt ons, maybe Ford can do it.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
KdF
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

[/font]

[The 2008 Bullitt Mustang is said to feature a plain painted black grille just like McQueen’s 1968 Bullitt with no pony badge or lights of any kind on the grille.
[/size]

Yanno , this really starts to irk me when the designers/reviewers of this auto say something completly false! No offense to MustangSally`s post, but whomever wrote this line ought to be shot. If they had even BOTHERED to see the movie , they would have noticed that Steve McQueen`s Mustang DID NOT HAVE A GRILL!!!!!!! It was missing due to McQueen running it into a pole to make it look like a poor Cop`s car! The grill was missing and the only thing showing was the radiator. The front bumper had a big dent as well.

AARRGGHHH!!! ok , I`m better now (twitch) Rant off.

[font=verdana][size=2]Move along , nothing to see here.........
Old 03-28-2007, 05:44 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FINGT

I would go for the upcoming Boss. If Bullit has the 400 hp and green color, but it still looks like V6 [sm=smiley21.gif]
why the thumbs down? I love my V6!
Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KdF

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

[/font]

[The 2008 Bullitt Mustang is said to feature a plain painted black grille just like McQueen’s 1968 Bullitt with no pony badge or lights of any kind on the grille.
[/size]

Yanno , this really starts to irk me when the designers/reviewers of this auto say something completly false! No offense to MustangSally`s post, but whomever wrote this line ought to be shot. If they had even BOTHERED to see the movie , they would have noticed that Steve McQueen`s Mustang DID NOT HAVE A GRILL!!!!!!! It was missing due to McQueen running it into a pole to make it look like a poor Cop`s car! The grill was missing and the only thing showing was the radiator. The front bumper had a big dent as well.

AARRGGHHH!!! ok , I`m better now (twitch) Rant off.

Move along , nothing to see here.........

[font=verdana][size=2]No offense taken, I was just posting what I saw. I never saw the movie but I have heard enough about that car
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Yea, me too!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:06 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Its ok 07 Stang, some people just have tomake sureeveryone knows they drive a GT and not a V6... it makes themfeel important. To each his own I guess...Personally Im shaving all my badging and taking out the fogs in the front so people dont know its a GT. Id rather have someonethink my car is a V6 and get cocky then race me and get blown away. Enjoy your car, nothing wrong with a sixxer, not every Stang has to be a racer.

I think the 01 Bullit in the DHG is the best looking sn95 out there.. meanest Stang Ive ever seen was an insanelymodded Bullit, and Ive wanted one every day since then. With only 500 or 1000 or however many of thesenew onesbeing built, you can be assured theyll fetch a nice price. I want to see some actual pictures though... no more of this internet artist crap.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Its ok 07 Stang, some people just have tomake sureeveryone knows they drive a GT and not a V6... it makes themfeel important. To each his own I guess...Personally Im shaving all my badging and taking out the fogs in the front so people dont know its a GT. Id rather have someonethink my car is a V6 and get cocky then race me and get blown away. Enjoy your car, nothing wrong with a sixxer, not every Stang has to be a racer.

I think the 01 Bullit in the DHG is the best looking sn95 out there.. meanest Stang Ive ever seen was an insanelymodded Bullit, and Ive wanted one every day since then. With only 500 or 1000 or however many of thesenew onesbeing built, you can be assured theyll fetch a nice price. I want to see some actual pictures though... no more of this internet artist crap.
they will still be able to tell your a GT by your dual exhaust, and i don't think you can reverse that to a single

Quick Reply: 2008 Bullitt Mustang Update