Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with Brenspeed tunes....

Old 03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Default For those with Brenspeed tunes....

I have the C&L street CAI along with Brenspeed tuned SCT2 in 87 / 89 / 92 octanes. For the last 700 miles I have been running the 92 tune.

I found the throttle response to be too good, especially with my 5 speed manual trans. It seemed as if all of the acceleration came on within the first 1 inch of travel of the accelerator, and pushing it the rest of the way to floor gained you nothing. This made driving the car much more touchy, especially starting out.

The constant running of the electric cooling fan was also annoying. It would run when it was 30 degrees out. I wanted this to be raised up a bit, or returned to stock and then I could find someplace between Brenspeed's original setting and stock that I could adjust it to from within the SCT2.

I called Brenspeed and left a message. I got a return message within the hour instructing me what to e-mail them for info. Within 24 hours I had a return e-mail with an attached updated 92 tune. In the e-mail Brent said, "Fans set to stock. Throttle response removed, but still I adjusted it faster than stock."

I loaded the tune into my SCT2 and transferred it to the car. I have to say I like this tune better. The throttle is nowhere near as touchy and the acceleration is now much more linear and is felt throughout the accelerator depression. The throttle response is still faster than stock.

I also adjusted the cooling fans down some from stock, yet higher than where he had them before. This should be a nice compromise to aid in keeping the car cool, yet to keep it from running all the time.

He will now adjust my 87 / 89 octane tunes to the same.

Kudos to Brent @ Brenspeed for fast service and a job well done!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/61155/17A89A33420F4D7ABBFCD9E3D0D2F93C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: For those with Brenspeed tunes....

Brent's a great guy. I'm now driving my second S197 GT that Brent has tuned. I have been thoroughly thrilled with his service and knowledge of these cars.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

interesting, so basically he made it more linear instead of just as responsive as possible? interesting, maybe ill ask him about it. i dont think the throttle is too touchy though.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:09 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I am honestly sick of reading the same threads on Brenspeed about them updating a person's tune.

I think anybody that has been on this forum more than a few minutes knows that Brenspeed updates their tunes for free. I don't know why people feel they need to express the same opinion about the same company 100 times. This is just really getting old...

NOT bashing Brenspeed in anyway, although their e-mail tunes are just about the same as any other tuner, so please understand that an e-mail tune is just that and nothing more but guesstimates.
[sm=rant.gif]

-Jeff
Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

interesting, so basically he made it more linear instead of just as responsive as possible? interesting, maybe ill ask him about it. i dont think the throttle is too touchy though.
Yes...
They are able to do this, you can have WOT at half pedal and it really is just a trick to make it feel like you have better throttle response. Ex: Same tune, except I have WOT set for when the pedal is fully engaged the throttle response is still the same.

-Jeff
Old 03-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Golly gee Beav! Maybe I should have left the kudos off to make you feel better

The major point was there is a solution for those that think the throttle response may be a bit too touchy (as has been expressed before in at least one other thread).

Now, go back to bed and get up on the other side!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Scotty, when your at highway speeds and you gradually accelerate, as opposed to just flooring the throttle do you feel the power seems to come on stronger. The reason I ask is that I tried it and it feels that way to me, almost like flooring it was causing too much fuel causing a sort of bog down effect.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

Yes...
They are able to do this, you can have WOT at half pedal and it really is just a trick to make it feel like you have better throttle response. Ex: Same tune, except I have WOT set for when the pedal is fully engaged the throttle response is still the same.

-Jeff
hmmm.

if its possible, id like to see if i can get him to set me up a linear throttle response tune. i dunno if id want a very responsive throttle, or a very accurate throttle? i guess you get used to it either way.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hey great write up...

does anybody use the extreme tune software that came
with our Xcal's? thesechanges are certainly items we can
do ourselves

you'll want to archive the original tunes on your hard drive, then
feel free to alter your tunes and then flash your car.....
Old 03-28-2007, 01:20 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

Scotty, when your at highway speeds and you gradually accelerate, as opposed to just flooring the throttle do you feel the power seems to come on stronger. The reason I ask is that I tried it and it feels that way to me, almost like flooring it was causing too much fuel causing a sort of bog down effect.
That is EXACTLY what it felt like. If I just kept my foot in that first inch of travel, or gradually accelerated, it would go like hell. But if I floored it the bogged down feeling is just what I got. Don't have that anymore though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For those with Brenspeed tunes....