Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V6 vs V8 - any differences? Also.. Stang Vert vs Solara Vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
40thgtfl
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 vs V8 - any differences? Also.. Stang Vert vs Solara Vert

i dont think the v8 has near enough power, so i cant imagin a v6. but i dont think i would be happy with 500hp.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
mistergin

ORIGINAL: 40thgtfl

i dont think the v8 has near enough power, so i cant imagin a v6. but i dont think i would be happy with 500hp.
Luckily I never got into forced induction or I think I'd feel the same way. I've never broken the 200hp mark and to be honest, a manual trans and 200+hp is more than enough for highway driving to work and occasional around town travel.

I'm going to be curious how differnet the gurgle is between the v8 and v6 exhaust. I'd go aftermarket with the V6 eventually but a V8 sounds downright sexy no matter who ya are..
Old 03-30-2007, 04:06 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I think with the options you might want, it will cost around $30K just for the V6 convertible. You'd be looking at $5K more for the GT. If you don't mind the $ or having lots of power, go with the V6. But it would be cheaper in the long run to get the GT.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

get the gt, you'll be happier with it later...
Old 03-30-2007, 04:17 PM
mistergin

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

I think with the options you might want, it will cost around $30K just for the V6 convertible. You'd be looking at $5K more for the GT. If you don't mind the $ or having lots of power, go with the V6. But it would be cheaper in the long run to get the GT.

How do you like your V6.. do you think it has the exhaust rumble you want?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

i say go ahead and get the gt

dont get me wrong the v6 has alot of power but between 210 hp on a new mustang and 200hp on a civicis a lot of difference just because the civic is a lot lighter
Old 03-30-2007, 04:32 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mistergin

I love my V6 just because it's a Mustang. Would've wanted a GT if I could afford it at the time of purchase. I like the way my car sounds though...better than most stock GTs and then some. I took of the muffler so this car sounds amazing all on its own Why do you ask?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:40 PM
mistergin

I love my V6 just because it's a Mustang. Would've wanted a GT if I could afford it at the time of purchase. I like the way my car sounds though...better than most stock GTs and then some. I took of the muffler so this car sounds amazing all on its own Why do you ask?

Because if I got the V6, I found a few used that were literally $10,000 cheaper than the same GT vert. That's a lot of money and I figured if it felt fine, I'd just toss on a custom exhaust with a bumper to fit it and enjoy a deeper sound and some more speed (have to search the forums on what the exhaust to get is though).

30k+ for a mustang is a lot... especially when you start going up against hardtop luxo-coupes like the G35. The stang is a gorgeous muscle car, but if I'm spending enough money to get a luxury coupe... I don't know if it's worth that much..

If I got the V6, not only could I pay it off a lot sooner, I could use the extra cash to put in the Nav system, projector headlights, hood/side scoops, and some other unique touches. With the custom exhaust, CAI, and some other bolt-ons, I'd probably get all the performance I needed.

Going past the $25,000 mark for the stang is where I start questioning my judgement, so that's basically why I'm asking
Old 03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Unless you ABSOLUTELY don't care about the power, I'd get the GT. I know for me personally, I'd have never been able to drive around in a V6 and see GT's on the road and not feel regret. I know many people here are content with theirs however, and the V6 is a respectable car. IMO you have to look at how much money you are going to spend to make it look like a GT if that is the goal. I'd rather have a hard top GT than a convertible V6 if finances are an issue, but then again I've never liked convertibles so that is a no-brainer for me. :P

The Toyota is a fine car, however they manage to make some of the most uninspiring cars on the road (short of the late, great Supra). I would be bored of that thing within 48 hours, lol. The VW Eos hard top convertible would be much more fun to drive with the 2L turbo and DSG tranny. I have that combo in my '06 GTI and it's quite fun (and I get 28mpg)...
Old 03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Because if I got the V6, I found a few used that were literally $10,000 cheaper than the same GT vert. That's a lot of money and I figured if it felt fine, I'd just toss on a custom exhaust with a bumper to fit it and enjoy a deeper sound and some more speed (have to search the forums on what the exhaust to get is though).

30k+ for a mustang is a lot... especially when you start going up against hardtop luxo-coupes like the G35. The stang is a gorgeous muscle car, but if I'm spending enough money to get a luxury coupe... I don't know if it's worth that much..

If I got the V6, not only could I pay it off a lot sooner, I could use the extra cash to put in the Nav system, projector headlights, hood/side scoops, and some other unique touches. With the custom exhaust, CAI, and some other bolt-ons, I'd probably get all the performance I needed.

Going past the $25,000 mark for the stang is where I start questioning my judgement, so that's basically why I'm asking
Oh, gotcha! Well, like I said...I love my car. But I would like the power of a GT

How badly do you want a convertible? Because really, you can get a hardtop GT for like $25000 or less which is a deal. Like $4K more just for a convertible!!! But personally, I don't even like convertibles so maybe I'm biased [:-]

Quick Reply: V6 vs V8 - any differences? Also.. Stang Vert vs Solara Vert