MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/266962-rpm-outlet-good-or-bad-plz-comment.html)

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 10:29 PM

RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment

A friend of mine and I are considering going in together to purchasing engine mods, We both have mustang gt's 2005 and 2006. I have noticed that some of the items on RPM are quite a bit cheaper than other sites. Was wondering if anyone has bought from them and how thier service was( speed of shipping, customer service, product quality). Any input would be greatfully appreciated. My friend is looking into getting a CAI intake package with underdrive pulleys and trottle body, with either a diablo sport or sct tuner with custom tune. How good are thier package tunes and how true are thier HP and TQ gains that are supposedly dyno proven. Thanks

Menace 03-30-2007 10:35 PM

RE: RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment

Well, I ordered an Over-axle pipe from them yesterday, so I can't comment on how quick delivery is yet. I would like to say it's best to spend the extra money to go with a company like Brenspeed/B-chips for tuning. I'm pretty sure anything you buy from RPM Outlet in that regards will just be the SCT or Predator preloaded tunes.

howarmat 03-30-2007 10:35 PM

https://mustangforums.com/m_2843843/tm.htm

Like stated below, B amachips or Brenspeed are much better options.

failurze_art 03-30-2007 10:47 PM

no they have "custom" tunes just like the other places. I went with them before I became a member of this forum and read some of the negative comments.

I have been pleased with their service so far, and I am going to get my complete exhaust from them also. Their price on a Pro-charger kit is unbelievable.

I am not sure their hp gains are realistic, but with the TB, udp's, cai and tune my car is like a whole new animal. I had to learn how to launch it all over again.

howarmat 03-30-2007 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: failurze_art

no they have "custom" tunes just like the other places. I went with them before I became a member of this forum and read some of the negative comments.

I have been pleased with their service so far, and I am going to get my complete exhaust from them also. Their price on a Pro-charger kit is unbelievable.

I am not sure their hp gains are realistic, but with the TB, udp's, cai and tune my car is like a whole new animal. I had to learn how to launch it all over again.
By"other places" what are you referring to?

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 10:55 PM

Sorry all, didnt realize the previous post......From what i read it really is a crap shoot. But then again, seems like everywhere I go I am getting crap shot at me. Thanks again

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:02 PM

The majority of all you CAI Tune Stangers Refer to Brenspeed and Bama. May i ask those of you who ordered from brenspeed who you talked to and what makes them so special. I am not being snippy. Just curious who will give me the best advice an service possible! Thanks

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:03 PM

B ama.....Lol that is funny it wont post! sry just thought it was funny

awakeinAZ 03-30-2007 11:07 PM

There is a software filter that blocks the "B" tuner. Politcal stuff I have heard.

FYI - there are mostly negative comments about RPM. I have no personal expeirence.

howarmat 03-30-2007 11:08 PM

Brent @ Brenspeed or Doug @ B ama are both very good and will help you out with any questions you have. I know Doug is very busy and has limited help and I am sure Brent it just as busy as it is the start of race season and everyone is bring the cars back from hibernation. Their tunes that they write for your car with change it into a different car completely. There will be no throttle lag and if you have an auto the shift points will also be firmer giving you a much better performing vehicle. Which ever route you choose you will be very happy with the products and the service.

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:20 PM

Thanks Howrmat.... I rarely admit this but i do indeed have an Auto. Long story...but wish i got the Stick. The reason i asked is i had called about 5 months ago about the begining stages of modding my stang and i believe i spoke to brett or brent.... not certain of the name....i know it started with a b. He seemed to be a little short with me because of my lack of knowledge( at the time) of my s197. Not that he pushed me away but seemed to not want to give me any extra advice other than a short and sweet answer to my question. I have learned alot on this site and want to know all the in's and outs of my car. I guess in a nut shell......i am like a parent wanting the best for my kids.......teach them right from wrong, watch them grow and in the long run i can look back and say i did all i could for them.........That is how i want to RAISE my Mustang. Thanks again

odiaz 03-30-2007 11:27 PM

I bought from RPM and got good service. This was in 2005 when I first got my car. I've heard a lot of bad things about them on this and other forums but I had a good experience.

howarmat 03-30-2007 11:28 PM

hehe no prob....you must have caught brent on the wrong day because he is generally willing to go a few extra miles to help someone out. And since you have an auto, you will benefit greatly from the combo. I have been told Doug makes a very good tune for the auto, and if it is too much you can have him take it down a little. I would try and get a hold of him tomorrow. From a recent post he is trying to devote saturdays to returning phone calls and emails.

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:35 PM

If i remember correctly he told me that most of the CAI Intakes perform the same.....with in a coulple hp's. But i do remember him saying that i would really feel a difference witht the auto tune. Looking to do the underdrive pulleys as well for a few more free ponies. Only concern is i work exactly 1.8 miles from my home so at the most i put on about 6 miles a day.... you know the coffee run! Will the underdrive pulleys hurt me in the long run cause i heard it is great if Higher speeds were a everyday occurance. I rarely get above 50 before i have to hit the breaks to park for work.! What do you think?

howarmat 03-30-2007 11:44 PM

I think the Steeda, JLT or C&L with the tunes will probably be within 2-3 hp. You should pick up 25-28 HP with the combo. As for the pullies, I do not think that it is going to hurt you having short trips. They should put you right near 300 HP and you should really notice the gains.

FlaPony 03-30-2007 11:48 PM

I noticed in your 1st post about a throttle body, as others here have posted...a waste of money

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:48 PM

Sounds about right.....from what i have read up on! I just went outside and told my car goodnight......he hee! Had a smoke while i was out there. She is just soooooo pretty! Thanks again for your insight. Look forward to talking to Brent. I will keep you updated!

Daniel06GT 03-31-2007 12:41 AM

I just bought the SLP Loudmouth setup from them. BTW it's the place with the lowest prices for this exhaust. Hopefully they won't dissapoint me.

-DG

Arwing 03-31-2007 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Daniel06GT

I just bought the SLP Loudmouth setup from them. BTW it's the place with the lowest prices for this exhaust. Hopefully they won't dissapoint me.

-DG
LMperfomance has the same price with free shipping :\

Daniel06GT 03-31-2007 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Arwing

ORIGINAL: Daniel06GT

-DG
LMperfomance has the same price with free shipping :\

Yeah I got free shipping too. Total came out to $350

-DG

Jackies Stang 03-31-2007 12:57 AM

Hey Daniel06gt, nice ride....looks like mine, any problems putting on 18 x 10 DD? Clearance or otherwise?