Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD (w/ video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:34 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsas + off-road h-pipe = LOUD

Install only cost me time and energy. I did it with an extra set of hands in my parents' driveway on jackstands.
Corsa Axle-Backs: $585 shipped from Autopartswarehouse.com(Price there as gone up to $667 but you might be able to find them on ebay or somewhere else cheaper)
Pypes off-road H-pipe: $175 shipped from Brenspeed
Install: Free
Total: $760
If you're going to install yourself, the longest part for me was getting the alignment of the mufflers right. I'm a tad **** about it so I kept adjusting back and forth, checking, adjusting more, etc. I ended up slightly modifying the hanger for the passenger side muffler to get it aligned.
The pipes cool quickly but the cats stay hot for a while so if you drive the car before install, let it sit (preferably on jack stands) for about an hour or so. Make sure you have extensions for your socket wrench that can reach a foot or so...it'll make getting to the h-pipe to header bolts easier. I used all hand tools to do the install.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:45 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

o wow.. i didnt realize that the exhuast was that easily put together.. i knew that u could bolt on new axle backs.. but as far as cat back and new mid pipes.. didnt know that.. thats cool though.. for me, its just matter of money.. and it owuld take me too long to get that much.. so i might either do JSUT the crosas (axle back) or a cheaper set up with an H pipe.. not sure yet...

whats the diff between the different mid pipes.. (brand wise.. i know the diff in X and H)
Old 04-02-2007, 07:42 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

o wow.. i didnt realize that the exhuast was that easily put together.. i knew that u could bolt on new axle backs.. but as far as cat back and new mid pipes.. didnt know that.. thats cool though.. for me, its just matter of money.. and it owuld take me too long to get that much.. so i might either do JSUT the crosas (axle back) or a cheaper set up with an H pipe.. not sure yet...

whats the diff between the different mid pipes.. (brand wise.. i know the diff in X and H)
If you're going stay with an H-pipe and you're not doing long-tube headers, then Pypes off-road h-pipe is your only option. There are several brands of x-pipe and i doubt they differ very much at all. You could also look into a MAC pro-chamber. If you want to get rid of the cats, keep stock (or shorty-style) headers, and have an h-pipe, Pypes is the only option I found from Brenspeed.

Everything from the headers to the axle-backs bolt on. mid-pipe bolts to the headers. Mid-pipe bolts to the over the axle pipes using a clamp. Over the axle pipes bold to axle-backs using a clamp. The hardest part is getting to the bolts that hold the mid-pipe to the headers and alignment.

If it were me, I love the sound of the Corsas with stock mid-pipe. I'd get them and then save up for the off-road h-pipe if that's the route you want to go. You can always do the mid-pipe later on but the Corsas will really make a difference after about 500 miles.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

I have Corsas with the Pypes offroad X-pipe and the motoblue axle pipes and it sounds killer.

Andrew
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

I have Corsas with the Pypes offroad X-pipe and the motoblue axle pipes and it sounds killer.

Andrew
Do you get any vibration in the interior when the car is cold? I get some vibration until the car gets warmed up to normal operating temps. The vibration mainly ocurrs at low rpm in 1st or when slowing down.

I'm thinking of just taking it all off and putting it back on to make sure nothing was missed. There is a very slight leak behind both the headers and i'm thinking that could be causing the vibration. The leaks aren't making any noise, but you can feel a little stream of airat certain points on both sides.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

My car vibrates itself a tad, because all the suspension is rod end/poly combos, I have the kbmember with tl and the mbr brace. But no I didn't notice any vibrations

Andrew
Old 04-04-2007, 01:28 AM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

if money is a concern, get the motoblue rs or ss mufflers and the pypes h-pipe. once i get my h-pipe, that and my rs mufflers will have only costed about 320 alltogether