Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side front lower then passenger side...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Default Drivers side front lower then passenger side...

I noticed resently that the drivers side looked lower then the passenger side, well I just went out messured it and the drivers side is a full half inch lower. I messured the back and there even. Tire pressure also is about even throughout. Should I be worried about this? I know they weren't like this when I installed the Shocks&Springs, though I just resently noticed the problem.

Any ideas what it could be, or even if I should worry about it.

PS Car doesn't feel like anythings wrong.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:16 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Drivers side front lower then passenger side...

I would think there is something wrong with the spring on the drivers side. It sounds like its prematurely sagging. It is not normal and I would get it checked out.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
spdbrake
1st Gear Member

My Eibachs have 70K on em with out issues.
You may have most likelylost the Nitrogen pressin one of the Tokicos (the low one).

Unfortunately you'll have toremove your strut and compressthe spring to see if the center rod has any pressure on it. If it does have some, you can measure the pressure to collapse it by placing it upside down on a bath room scale. (block of wood would help protect your scale) record the start wgt and the wgt to start collapsing the rod and record the diff.
You can call that measurement in to Tokico800-548-2549 or dissasemble the otherside and compare readings.
If nothing else you will have the springs out and can measure their heights while you're at it.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:22 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spdbrake

You may have most likelylost the Nitrogen pressin one of the Tokicos (the low one).

Unfortunately you'll have toremove your strut and compressthe spring to see if the center rod has any pressure on it. If it does have some, you can measure the pressure to collapse it by placing it upside down on a bath room scale. (block of wood would help protect your scale) record the start wgt and the wgt to start collapsing the rod and record the diff.
You can call that measurement in to Tokico800-548-2549 or dissasemble the otherside and compare readings.
If nothing else you will have the springs out and can measure their heights while you're at it.
That might be true but I dont think the shocks or struts are made to hold up the weight of the car. I could be wrong but i think thats the springs job and the shocks are there just to dampen the springs. I still think it might be a faulty spring.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Rosarios Stang

I'm having the same issue with the passenger rear on my car. It is in the shop now. I will let ya know the verdict.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:36 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

My driver side sags alot. Let me know what you find out Rosarios
Old 03-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Yea, deff keep us informed Rosarios.

And thanks for the other opinions guys.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

bump
Old 04-03-2007, 03:48 AM
Rosarios Stang

Just got her back from the doc today. They couldn't find anything wrong! No frame, shock, strut, spring damage. They said don't worry about it. Now what? Measuring from the top of my wheel to the bottom of the wheel well, thereis 1/2' larger gap on the passenger side. Tire pressures are equal. I'm no mororhead but it doesn't take one to know there something wrong! Am I missing something?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:01 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tritonpwrd

ORIGINAL: spdbrake

That might be true but I dont think the shocks or struts are made to hold up the weight of the car. I could be wrong but i think thats the springs job and the shocks are there just to dampen the springs. I still think it might be a faulty spring.
You're right about that. The springs carry the weight; the shocks/struts are for stopping the car from oscillating.