Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

ipod connection tired of cheap transmitter..

Old 04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ipod connection tired of cheap transmitter..

yeah it can work with the shuffle..
Old 04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Just buy a MP3 software program and rip 6 cds. You can put about 100-150 songs on each disk. The Shaker plays MP3 and you get close to 1000 songs without any wiring. You can create folders and play your fav tunes until your ears are bleeding. The Ipods for walking or flying.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

i'd rather have all 3000 of my songs at once without having to change cds.

Also, the it is rediculously easy to install the adapter and if you run it through the center console you can't even see the wire.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Just buy a MP3 software program and rip 6 cds. You can put about 100-150 songs on each disk. The Shaker plays MP3 and you get close to 1000 songs without any wiring. You can create folders and play your fav tunes until your ears are bleeding. The Ipods for walking or flying.
I have my whole cd collection on my Ipod - hundreds of cds. The ipod is really cool when using random mode. You never know what songs coming on next, and you get to here stuff you haven't heard in years.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Have you <skip> tried to use a <skip> CD or <skip> MP3 in the <skip> shaker?

[sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

finally got it in the mail today..i love it..but what are you guys using to charge your ipod while its playing..
Old 04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

Which one did you get? The one I got from Best buy(Link posted above) charges the iPod. Also I second what SOLDSHORT said above. I have mine running under the center console and into the armrest. I ran the wire through the E- brake access panel in the armrest. Dont even know the iPod is in the car. All controls are done through the Shaker.

Good luck
Old 04-04-2007, 06:09 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Don't have this yet, but plan on getting one: http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=149006
Old 04-04-2007, 06:27 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Goody625

Which one did you get? The one I got from Best buy(Link posted above) charges the iPod. Also I second what SOLDSHORT said above. I have mine running under the center console and into the armrest. I ran the wire through the E- brake access panel in the armrest. Dont even know the iPod is in the car. All controls are done through the Shaker.

Good luck
Just installed the Best Buy one. Works great, charges and you can control it through the head unit. Plus they're on sale right now for $99.00
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I've got a deal called iSimple from Peripheral Electronics I bought from Best Buy a few months ago. Model was ISFD71. This provides a direct connection to the radio and allows for most iPod fucntions to be accessed from the radio buttons instead of looking at the iPod. Cost me $150.00. Hasn't failed me yet.
Yup. In mine too. Works great. Once it went all static on me, but I think it was a fluke. If it happens again I am going to change the control box. .

I paid 150 at best buy, then it went on sale and I got the 99 buck price a month later.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipod connection tired of cheap transmitter..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.