Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14

Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

For this version of the hood, I have found out what cam did wont work for me. I have a pic of a bracket I will likely need to fabricate to make it work, but shouldnt be much of a problem.

Andretti
Old 11-21-2008, 04:42 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

i like how you have everything done to your car in one thread
Old 11-21-2008, 07:51 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 5150PONY
You can get the hood pins from
http://store.cobranda.com/19shcohopink1.html
they come with the brackets. I think you might have to modify
These are the ONLY pins I'd consider putting on my car if I was gonna use any.
70 Mach style, is far more superior to the usual Chicken cage door fastener style lol.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Wow that was a long thread...just read it from post 1 all the way to the end. Answered a lot of the questions I had. There are some nice nice cars in this thread! Well I found a GT500 bumper for $200 that may or may not have to be repainted but it's Satin Silver already so we'll see. Where did some of you order your parts list from?
Old 11-22-2008, 09:56 PM
09Stang
1st Gear Member

I wish I had the money for the conversion.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default prelims before paint

Well, hood is on, front end is as well... We didnt put in the turn signals, running lights or the valences (except for the top one during the pic) nor the bottom spoiler. We did this because I didnt feel any reason to put it all in so the body guy would have to take it all back off again. Painting to be done over the next three months when time allows. Since it is parked for the winter I am in no hurry (but it better be done by mid-feb when I'll be ready to pick it back up).

The hood is the Trufiber Venom gen 3. It is attached by the hinges in the rear by the windshield but not at the front by the normal stock bracket. We didnt have the proper screws to attach it, so the hood is just resting in place. When attaching the hood, we did not try to make any fine adjustments at all, all we did was bolt the two bolts on either side and lower the hood to make sure it didnt rub anywhere. Even only doing this, the hood fits near perfect from the untrained eye (mine). If there is anything that needs adjustment at this point, I can say that the passenger side near the headlight does seem to sit just a millimeter or two high, but again, since there are no hood pins or hood latch installed yet, I dont consider it a problem (yet). I have the hood pins to install that the hood was designed to use by Trufiber. I will be designing a bottom bracket for the pins to connect to that should be rather simple.

I just wanted to say thanks to all for the info on this conversion. Mine has gone effortlessly so far and I only wait for the painter to get a look at the hood and get his feedback on what he thinks about it and what it will take to get it finished and on the car.

Andretti
Old 12-09-2008, 10:25 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Wow that was a long thread...just read it from post 1 all the way to the end. Answered a lot of the questions I had. There are some nice nice cars in this thread! Well I found a GT500 bumper for $200 that may or may not have to be repainted but it's Satin Silver already so we'll see. Where did some of you order your parts list from?
a few of us on here purchased our complete front end conversion kit from Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford. his number is 559.784.6000.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:27 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

looking good Andretti!!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
BIGDEEZ
1st Gear Member

wow.... 51 pages..i didn't think i was going to make it. good read by the way you guys have some great looking 3V's. I love the redfire and the white one sorry I don't know everyone's names yet. I just a few days ago picked up a GT500 front clip and have been looking into what all I need to do and get to have it put on. This thread helped out more than most.

Sounds like I need to get headlights foglights (w/ wiring harness) upper/lower grills and brackets. Does that sound about right?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:43 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BIGDEEZ
wow.... 51 pages..i didn't think i was going to make it. good read by the way you guys have some great looking 3V's. I love the redfire and the white one sorry I don't know everyone's names yet. I just a few days ago picked up a GT500 front clip and have been looking into what all I need to do and get to have it put on. This thread helped out more than most.

Sounds like I need to get headlights foglights (w/ wiring harness) upper/lower grills and brackets. Does that sound about right?
Give Kevin Casey at Clevenger Ford a call and he can tell you what your missing and can get it for you. his number is 559.784.6000.

Nice job Andretti! Soon you'll be in the club

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 CONVERSION DONE - KR HOOD PG. 11 - HOW-TO & PARTS LIST PG.14