Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to purchase a New Mustang GT W/SC

Old 04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
strunza

Default I want to purchase a New Mustang GT W/SC

I am interested in purchaseing a new Blk on Blk 07 Mustang GT W/ the premium package! I am also interested in having a supercharger installed by ford racing(or equivalent )Could anyone give me any idea's as to the best route to take , I do not want to loose the ford warranty , but i want them to install a SC on the car before I pick it up ! I am open to any ideas !!
Thanks for your time !!!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
JDBullitt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I want to purchase a New Mustang GT W/SC

Ford Racing has a supercharger that the dealer could install, and should not void your warranty. Rousch also has one the dealer could install, not quite as good, so far as power,but a little less expesive I think.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Rousch $6k+ last time I checked. Please post if you find different. I would have been the Ford woulda beencheaper than Rousch. I didnt know Ford even had one for the GT's.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
brdm266

For the most options, find a dealer that sells Steeda, Roush, etc. cars and parts. The dealer I purchased from sells FRPP, Steeda, and Roush and told me that they "farm out" SC installs. If I ordered a Steeda it would go from the factory to Steeda for the install, then to the dealer, adding 3-4 weeks to the delivery time. No effect on warranty...
Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I know that a dealer here in the Portland, Oregon area will do a Kenne Bell or a Saleen S/C install. I would think that some dealers would also do a Whipple install. IMO the KB or the Whipple would be the best.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

I got bad news for you guys but the ford supercharger (whipple) does void the warranty even if installed by the dealer at the time of delivery and same with steeda them. the parts themsleves have warranty but if you blow your motor you are screwed. if the radio breaks it is covered, get the drift. do not count on what your delaer tells you. call the ford tech line yourself. call steeda tech directly and you will get the answer. roush is the same unless they put it on the car like when you buy a 427r or stage 3. I went through all of this and amost bought a roush 427r but decided to just buy a gt and mod it myself. also with the roush supercharged cars if you do any thing to the car they void the warranty. if you change the exhaust they void etc.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redxls

I got bad news for you guys but the ford supercharger (whipple) does void the warranty even if installed by the dealer at the time of delivery and same with steeda them. the parts themsleves have warranty but if you blow your motor you are screwed. if the radio breaks it is covered, get the drift. do not count on what your delaer tells you. call the ford tech line yourself. call steeda tech directly and you will get the answer. roush is the same unless they put it on the car like when you buy a 427r or stage 3. I went through all of this and amost bought a roush 427r but decided to just buy a gt and mod it myself. also with the roush supercharged cars if you do any thing to the car they void the warranty. if you change the exhaust they void etc.
not entirely true. It is illegal to just VOID a warranty. as you even stated above if the radio goes your ok. They can only void what they CAN PROVE is casued by the mod: If you change your exhaust it will not void your warranty, just your exhaust, with exception. The exception being if something breaks that is connected to your modded exhaust but is not due to that exhaust then it is fine. AS far as the original poster about the SC, pretty much if you can get a FORD dealer who is willing to put IN WRITING that your warranty is not altered in anyway due to the mod, then its ok. GET IT IN WRITING....as far as trusting a dealer who just tells ya that.....no way. I have a dealer that will fix anything that breaks on some days depending on the service writer and tech who handles my vehicle. For instance my car went in for a TSB with the fuel sender relay. it went in with new CAI, tunes headers etc..the works....Now...on the first time in for the prob. tech A said he would fix it...he tried and it was ok...then 2 weeks later same issue...this time different tech and writer, he pulled my car in...called me up and stated he could not touch my car due to the mods and unless I had my stock air box he could get the codes and etc right...so I picked up my car and chaged the air intake back...Pain in the ***....but trying to prove a point...the tech then fixed it...meanwhile on the 3rd visit the original tech wondered why I put back on the box and I told him tech b said so...he said...oh yeah that guys fresh off the line per say...so bottom line it depends on your dealer and individuals. personally the ford dealers get reimbursed from ford.....unless someone internally snitches on them...so warranties do just void....parts become voided....and there are ways around that...but I will tell you....superchargers....unless installed and or agreed upon by the factory (IE a roush or Saleen contractual agreement between companies) then they can fight you all the way on whether or not they want to fix something that has been proven to be due to the mod. So get it in writing....and it does not matter.....
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 PM
whocarez03

Bottom line, if warranty is your primary concern and you don't want any headaches...get the roush stg 3 from a factory authorized roush ford dealer. No matter what happens to the car, from a radio issue to blowing rods, it will be covered by the ford factory warranty. Even if you get a signed paper from the owner of your local ford dealership saying your "insert whichever brand you like" supercharger that they installed didn't have anything to do with the problem, FORD is not held to honor that aggrement. The dealer is. No dealer can speak for Ford Motor Co. They just buy their cars and sell em to the public. And since the dealer said the FORD warranty would still cover it, and FORD says,you just sent a request forwarranty paymentfor the cost of a new engine, plus install, plus an extra 5k? For a factory spec Ford engine? Not a chance! Give us a reason why the extra money? Oh, it was supercharged? Not Factory or Roush/Saleen? Tough Luck. Now the dealer pays for your new engine and S/C and labor or you walk to work. And I guarantee, the dealership would rather you have a worthless piece of paper with their signature than shell out 10k for a new motor and S/C.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whocarez03

Bottom line, if warranty is your primary concern and you don't want any headaches...get the roush stg 3 from a factory authorized roush ford dealer. No matter what happens to the car, from a radio issue to blowing rods, it will be covered by the ford factory warranty. Even if you get a signed paper from the owner of your local ford dealership saying your "insert whichever brand you like" supercharger that they installed didn't have anything to do with the problem, FORD is not held to honor that aggrement. The dealer is. No dealer can speak for Ford Motor Co. They just buy their cars and sell em to the public. And since the dealer said the FORD warranty would still cover it, and FORD says,you just sent a request forwarranty paymentfor the cost of a new engine, plus install, plus an extra 5k? For a factory spec Ford engine? Not a chance! Give us a reason why the extra money? Oh, it was supercharged? Not Factory or Roush/Saleen? Tough Luck. Now the dealer pays for your new engine and S/C and labor or you walk to work. And I guarantee, the dealership would rather you have a worthless piece of paper with their signature than shell out 10k for a new motor and S/C.
or you can get a saleen 281 sc from an authorized dealer as well. as far as a written warranty being not upheld, in respect to whocarez03's OPINION. thats not true that its a worthless piece of paper...if a dealer who represents Ford motor company writes up a written warranty and states that with such and such items the full factory warranty will be honored then the warranty would need to be honored. Ford contracts with each individual dealer as a liscensee.of the motor company..so they stand behind there dealers contractual obligations unless the warranty contract written by the dealer specifically states it is with said dealer exclusively. thus even so the paper is NOT WORTHLESS and that statement in itself is inaccurate. A paper that is signed is a contractual obligation, thats contract 101. Now I am not saying some piece of note paper with warranty honored penciled on it. I have seen chevy and ford dealers do this in the past. However the warranty is paid by Ford motor company through there claims division is not the question or statement here. the dealer represents Ford Motor company. That is why BAD dealerships lose there right to sell certain brand name vehicles. Auto sales is not as simple as John smith ford buys 300 cars and can sell them and ford is done with the process. that is like saying john smith Mcdonalds is only responsible for a certain item they sell or free toy they give away to the consumer....THE CORPORATION is responsible for their actions and those who represent them. But hey, I am not going to get into a contractual debate with WHOCAREZ03....because truly thats not what this is about....but I do take it seriously when someone comes on here and states that Ford motor co is basically untouchable if you just change a car part...try reading up on consumer and warranty rights. Ford or anyone else has to prove your mod caused the damaged part....in this case of a supercharger asI originally stated, if a FORD DEALER; NOT JOE BLOWS BUY HERE PAY HERE : states in writing they will honor the entire ford drive train and or bumper to bumper warranty and still install your supercharger...then it is that...covered by that dealer. It is NOT a worthless piece of paper. Ultimately my point I was making earlier is I DOUBT that a dealer would do that in writing.....but if they did...it is valid and not worthless....thus they install supercharger....engine goes boom....that dealer has to fix it...whether or not they go back to ford and claim it against the ford warranty claims division really does not mean a hill of beans to YOU as the owner...as long as they fix your car....
Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 AM
whocarez03

9102 7850 9140 1104 4124 43
is completly different than
if a dealer who represents Ford motor company writes up a written warranty and states that with such and such items the full factory warranty will be honored then the warranty would need to be honored.

If you find a dealership that will install a non-factory S/C and will write you a warranty for said S/C then yes, they are held liable. However, #1. Good luck finding one. #2. the first time they call the warranty work in to ford will be the last. I did not mean to sound like dealerships don't represent the company and can't speak for them, but indivudial dealerships will not be ford dealerships if they start writing warranties for non ford parts. To start, dealerships are not privlagedto write warranties stating that Ford Motor Co. will back said warranty in the first place. I mis-understood the previous post of "get it in writing"to mean like on a piece of paper. My bad.

And yes, Ford is far from untouchable when it comes to proving the problem comes from your mod. But they also don't have to pay until their "investigation" as they call it, is complete.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I want to purchase a New Mustang GT W/SC