Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Wrong With This Picture?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 AM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's Wrong With This Picture?

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Hey lets hate on Ford Motor company because the dealship is scamming you....wtf!
Get a proven gear guy to install it and you won't have as many problems and then we won't have to listen to the WHINE here!

No whine here. Wine maybe, but no whine
Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well, considering how many BILLIONS of dollars Ford lost last year I guess they have to try to decrease their costs somehow!!! "What warranty? You voided it!"

And in the meantime Toyota will let you add TRD parts to its trucks, the Scions... maybe that sports car, if it ever comes to these shores.
Get ready to buy foreign!
Old 04-03-2007, 05:26 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

well, considering how many BILLIONS of dollars Ford lost last year I guess they have to try to decrease their costs somehow!!! "What warranty? You voided it!"

And in the meantime Toyota will let you add TRD parts to its trucks, the Scions... maybe that sports car, if it ever comes to these shores.
Get ready to buy foreign!
Maybe you should be on the TOYOTA forum then. Ford has been batteling with the warrenty issue for years, it just didn't start last year. Most of the money they lost was in North America. the made money in every other country, Good old USA marketplacebuying Import cars......

@ryterngki It is a dollars issue, the dealership won't get paid from Ford if the fix something on the car that isn't under warrenty. It is the dealerships problem. If you find a good dealer they will work with you.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

I love how people expect Ford to cover the customer's'go fast modifications'. Ford offers different go fast parts for the racing community.....not for warranty repair.

If you want to modify the car then prepare to pay the price if that modification causes other failures in the vehicle. If you want Ford to cover 100% of any repair during the warranty period then keep your car stock or return it to stock before visiting the dealer.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

I love how people expect Ford to cover the customer's'go fast modifications'. Ford offers different go fast parts for the racing community.....not for warranty repair.

If you want to modify the car then prepare to pay the price if that modification causes other failures in the vehicle. If you want Ford to cover 100% of any repair during the warranty period then keep your car stock or return it to stock before visiting the dealer.
Amen. Except for the highlighted. You want to play games with the dealer and maker but then get all righteous when they do the same with you.......? Two way street there guys. If I was the service tech and I knew that you had removed a mod prior to delivery - I'd give it right back. NPF, buddy. Sorry. Bring it back when there is a problem.
FRPP could sell f*ucking nuclear reactors if they thought there was a market. Now why should I pay for your repairs (given they are due to defects in craftsmanship or production) if you install comething that the vehicle was not originally equipped with. "Yeah, uuhhh. I just bought this refrigerator from SEARS.I thenused liquid propane as a refrigerant because it works better. However, my house burnt down as a result and now I want SEARS topay for it......" Does this sound reasonable to ANYONE inhere?
FRPP and FoMoCo are not synonymous so make sure you can distinguish the two. One builds vehicles, the other builds performance parts that CAN go on those vehicles. WAYYYYYYYYY too many people think that a warranty is something that ensures you will have no problems or expenses for X amount of time. It is purely an agreement that means the MAKER (not the dealer. If a dealer is "mod friendly" or warrants repairs related to mods they are BREAKING THE LAW AND THEIR AGREEMENT WITH FORD)will pay for repairs related todefects. You don't deserve to have stuff like this covered, Ford has no obligation to provide you with factory mods and they in turn have no obligation to pay for complications that occur becuase of those mods. Obviously the vehicle can be modded and function properly. But not everyone can do it, not every part is compatible with stock systems
Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

This is all moot anyway. A company that lost 12 billion last year and is probably on their way to doing it again this year is not going to be around to honor such things as "warranties".
Old 04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

That goes for all American manufacturers. Trust me, GM isn't doing much better and Dodge will be shut down my Mercedes in a matter of years. The UAW and the American government are the reasons why we can't compete with foreign builders. Add that to the lower quality of products (until recently) and you end up with a lead boat. I thought I had the autmotive industry figured out before I began to work for an automobile manufacturer but I could not have been more mistaken. I am a mushroom around here (fed shyt and kept in the dark) and I still see more than what I want and know less than what I want. There are a billion things causing people like Ford to go belly up. Warranty costs are a drop in the bucket. The root cause of profit loss is the pay and benefits of the people who build our cars and the bureaucracies involved in making them. In essence, the national economy and stability of our foreign relations (Iran, Iraq, N Korea) are a perfect example of how doomed American car makers truly are.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

+1
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

I'd like to hear of a warranty claim on a performance part being processed by one of those dealerships that says they will cover performance parts...
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Hey lets hate on Ford Motor company because the dealship is scamming you....wtf!
Get a proven gear guy to install it and you won't have as many problems and then we won't have to listen to the WHINE here!
+1 [sm=happy046.gif] ...[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=signs007.gif] Correct..

Does not matter if the warranty is void from ford then does it? the installer will still warrany the gear install so just get it done by
someone you trust.