Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Supercharger to go with and which installer ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 PM
1loudredfire
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What Supercharger to go with and which installer ??

There is only one important name when come to supercharging a car, especially mustangs. That name is Kenne Bell. He has some of the craziest mustangs on the planet, THeir kit gives to potential for 850 HP.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Don't make your decision based upon the name or brand of the s/c. Do a little research on supercharger technology and determine first which system (twin screw, roots, centrifugal etc) suits your needs. The ones mentioned above and others are all very good and reliable. I have a Procharger but as satisfied as I am, I can't say it's better or even as good as any of the others mentioned. I would have had to try each one. Take your time and research the technology, not just forum bias.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

personally, i love the saleen series VI
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

personally, i love the saleen series VI
+1...me too....but then again I am a little biased
Old 05-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

VORTECH!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:31 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

Whipple!

oh, wait..do you want to keep your warranty...?
Man I wish I had enough dough to install a Whipple!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Elsboo
1st Gear Member

I don't know how far away from New Jersey you are. Team JDM is there and they do asweet install of the Saleen blower. I'm on the west coast but got my upgrade kit from them. I am now my own warranty station but man my MissBehavin is funto drive. Talk to Jim Jr. He is great and really knows the Saleen setup.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

I guess I'm a warranty wimp, but the Roush with the pulley upgrade is putting down 450+ flywheel hp. That's by most people's opinion within the safe range of the engine internals. I can beat on my car as much as I want and not worry about having to buy a new engine or tranny. The car is pretty darn fast, especially with the 373's (yes, there is no more rear gear warranty). After my warranty is up, I can push 500 hp with a custom tune, but by then I will probably want a new car.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I do not believe this to be true, if it were true it would be in black and white on the whipple website.

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

ORIGINAL: elburrito99

I believe that a Saleen supercharger installed by a Saleen-authorized Ford dealer will not void any Ford warranties. Check with your local dealership, though, to confirm.

I'm biased, but I think the Saleen supercharger with the 475 hp upgrade is amazing. I've heard great things about the Saleen SC with the JDM 450 rwhp package, too, but that route will definitely void your warranty should any problems later arise relating to the supercharger install. You could always install the stock Saleen SC package first (435 hp) and then decide, if you still crave more power, to add the JDM 450 rwhp package.

I'm not one to disregard warranties altogether, especiallyfor a $30k+ purchase.Several friends of mine have had serious drivetrain and/or electrical problems that would have otherwise cost thousands of dollars (for one friend, a $10k+ engine failure) that were completely covered by factory warranties. But we all have different levels of risk tolerance...
I also believe that a FRPP Whipple, installed by an authorized SVT Motorsport Ford dealer will keep your warranty intact as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Didn't you void your Roush warranty when you changed the pulley?

ORIGINAL: CrazyHorse0217

I guess I'm a warranty wimp, but the Roush with the pulley upgrade is putting down 450+ flywheel hp. That's by most people's opinion within the safe range of the engine internals. I can beat on my car as much as I want and not worry about having to buy a new engine or tranny. The car is pretty darn fast, especially with the 373's (yes, there is no more rear gear warranty). After my warranty is up, I can push 500 hp with a custom tune, but by then I will probably want a new car.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: What Supercharger to go with and which installer ??