Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saleen Series VI Service Doc's/Info?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

Default RE: Saleen Series VI Service Doc's/Info?

The oil is available from us at Saleen.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red_Devil

The oil is available from us at Saleen.
Cool, a Saleen guy!

How about throwing out a PN# for the oil so we can get it in the thread. Thanks.

Also, any such thing as an User's Manual (for the simple stuff I mentioned above) so we can stay on top of taking care of the S/C?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: gloryboy

As per saleen, the oil they put in it at the factory is good for 100,000 miles. Its a special synthetic s/c oil. You will prob never have to change it. Just make sure the level is up to the threads. Mine was low as some leaked out during shipping. You can get the oil from them($50 per pint). You could also use synthetic 5/50 but would have to change it regularly. The sheer pita factor involved in changing the oil makes it worth it to use saleen's oil. S/c only holds 1 pint of oil. As for the intercooler. Water dissipates heat better than antifreeze, so the more water you can use in the mix the better.
[align=left]Thanks. How, where, etc on how to check the oil?

[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Intercooler coolant (from the Installation Manual): "Fill the intercooler recovery tank with an 80/20 water/anti-freeze mix...".[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Thanks again.[/align]
Thanks for the clarification, sorry for the conflicting info...Didn't get the name of the tech that told me 100,000 miles, but it was only last month they told me that. By next month it will bee 25,000...
Only access to the oil res. is via that small allen bolt on the front drivers side of the s/c. I had to take off the coolant cross over piece to get at it. Just loosen the bolts and slide it forward a little. You can access the bolt w/o loosing much coolant (dont get coolant in the oil res.) Level should be to the bottom of the threads, but that may have changed now also..maybe Red Devil can chime in....