Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli VS Brenspeed and a Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

Default Granatelli VS Brenspeed and a Tune?

I have the Granatelli CAI on my stang and was thinking of putting it on the wifes stang and ordering a C&L w/ a Brenspeed Tune for mine. Does anyone know if there would be a big difference on my stang with the C&L and the tune vs the Granatelli w/o a tune?

Thanks for the help...

Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Granatelli VS Brenspeed and a Tune?

Yes there will be around 5-7 HP difference probably. Whether you really notice it that is debatable
Old 04-04-2007, 10:46 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I have the GMS CAI, and last week put teh Brenspped tune in. The power is not much of a difference. But what you do get is a smoother acceleration and not so much of a throttle lag. Basically better response. I kept the GMS CAI on it and took the GMS MAF out and took off the tune chip off, and installed the stock MAF into the GMS CAI. I haven't tested the 91 octane tune yet, as tehre is still some 87 in my tank. Next fill up I will download the 91 tune.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

I have the GMS CAI, and last week put teh Brenspped tune in. The power is not much of a difference. But what you do get is a smoother acceleration and not so much of a throttle lag. Basically better response. I kept the GMS CAI on it and took the GMS MAF out and took off the tune chip off, and installed the stock MAF into the GMS CAI. I haven't tested the 91 octane tune yet, as tehre is still some 87 in my tank. Next fill up I will download the 91 tune.
Is your car 5 sp or auto... Reason is mine is 5 spd wife's is auto. I don't notice a throttle lag with mine but definitely do with her's

Old 04-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Yes there will be around 5-7 HP difference probably. Whether you really notice it that is debatable
Matt are you running a 93 oct tune?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you bet! and the autos have a horribly lag i have been told. I have never driven one that was stock though.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gman13

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Is your car 5 sp or auto... Reason is mine is 5 spd wife's is auto. I don't notice a throttle lag with mine but definitely do with her's

Manual Tranny. There seemed to definatley be a difference in the throttle response.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
JayFi
2nd Gear Member

I also have the GMS CAI and am running a Brenspeed tune. My car is an auto, and in my mind the tune is more important than the CAI, atleast for those of us with autos...

For me:
Stock to GMS CAI = A little improvement in power/noticeable difference in sound.
GMS CAI + Brenspeed Tune = NOTICIBLE improvement in throttle response, power and shift pattern.

I would almost say just keep the GMS CAI on your car and buy two xcal2's instead. One for your car (w/GMS CAI), and one for hers (w/stock airbox).
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Where can you get a tune for the GMS CAI? - Brenspeed? If so, can you just install the tune to the GMS as is or do you need to replace the MAF with stock?

ORIGINAL: JayFi

I also have the GMS CAI and am running a Brenspeed tune. My car is an auto, and in my mind the tune is more important than the CAI, atleast for those of us with autos...

For me:
Stock to GMS CAI = A little improvement in power/noticeable difference in sound.
GMS CAI + Brenspeed Tune = NOTICIBLE improvement in throttle response, power and shift pattern.

I would almost say just keep the GMS CAI on your car and buy two xcal2's instead. One for your car (w/GMS CAI), and one for hers (w/stock airbox).
Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

replace the MAF with stock. Any tuner can write a tune for the CAI.

Quick Reply: Granatelli VS Brenspeed and a Tune?