Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone's exhaust set up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
outpost77
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone's exhaust set up?

I just added a pair of Corsa axle backs on Monday. I made the choice after reading the many comments in the various threads posted on this subject during the last couple of weeks. Here's my take:
[ul][*]slightly louder and certainly a better tone (more of low rumble) than stock at idle;[*]clearly louder and whole lot meaner sounding than stock through the gears - the sound is sweet and worth every penny you pay - they are not too loud though, just right I think;[*]they perform when you hit the gas at any speed and any rpm and that is all I am going to say about that (fifth amendment and all that);[*]I think they are quieter than stock when cruising - when Corsa says no drone, they mean no drone.[/ul]
All in all, I could not be happier. These are just what I was looking for. They really wake up the sound of the car without waking up the dead.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Quick hijack FOOSE - how are those window louvers installed? Tape or ???? Thanks!!!

ORIGINAL: Foose12

Stock headers, Pypes o/r H-pipe, Borla/FRPP Stingers. Only one word describes the set up........NASTY
Not 100% sure. I would have to go take a look at em. They came stock.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: outpost77

I just added a pair of Corsa axle backs on Monday. I made the choice after reading the many comments in the various threads posted on this subject during the last couple of weeks. Here's my take:
[ul][*]slightly louder and certainly a better tone (more of low rumble) than stock at idle;[*]clearly louder and whole lot meaner sounding than stock through the gears - the sound is sweet and worth every penny you pay - they are not too loud though, just right I think;[*]they perform when you hit the gas at any speed and any rpm and that is all I am going to say about that (fifth amendment and all that);[*]I think they are quieter than stock when cruising - when Corsa says no drone, they mean no drone.[/ul]

All in all, I could not be happier. These are just what I was looking for. They really wake up the sound of the car without waking up the dead.
After about 500-1000 miles, the tone at idle and especially at WOT will get a little louder and a little deeper, both pluses in my book. But still, no drone at cruising speeds (not even with the off-road h-pipe). 2nd to the C&L + Xcal, they're my favorite mod so far.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Going with a single MAC for my 6. Have been running a single GT take-off.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

I have dynatech longtubes, catted x-pipe, and borla stingers. Sounds incredible, very responsive. Wouldnt do anything different
Old 04-06-2007, 05:30 PM
brandon97
1st Gear Member

Outpost77-

That's exactly what I want to start off with to test the sound....did you install yourself? If so, how long should I expect? On a 0-10 scale of difficulty, how would you rate the install?

TBone
Old 04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Corsa A/Bs only.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Bassani SS Racing axleback with the stock H-pipe. Nice deep muscle car sound. I have cams also so at idle i get a good lope. Get many compliments and turned heads.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

WELL GO TAKE A FREAKIN LOOK!!!!

j/k

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Quick hijack FOOSE - how are those window louvers installed? Tape or ???? Thanks!!!

Stock headers, Pypes o/r H-pipe, Borla/FRPP Stingers. Only one word describes the set up........NASTY
Not 100% sure. I would have to go take a look at em. They came stock.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

I'll look when i am damn well ready! I'm at work.....car is at home in garage......i'll get back with ya...haha

Quick Reply: Everyone's exhaust set up?