Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Trim Welt - With Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:56 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Door Trim Welt - With Pics!

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: rmays06

Well fella's it easy to do and cost about $12 buck, it won't fall out unless you want it to come out and you can change it very easy.

No glue only scissors and thumbs.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=54424heres some great info and the 2 companies that sell it.
I like those covers around your door speakers. Are those made by Ford?
Nope made by krylon, metallic silver paint. No biggie thou the cost about $5 if I ever want to change back to Black. Same with the door switches.
Wingman75 thanks for the correction yard not foot.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:40 AM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Hey RMays and Aziraphale... how well does the piping match the IUP silver dash color?I don't know whether I should buy the Silver Tinselfrom Mr.Mikes or the Welt Grey from YourAutoTrim. Please let me know when you have a chance....thanks!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

I couldn't be happier with the Silver Tinsel. It looks like it is a bit thinner than the stuff from YourAutoTrim which I like. If you hold them up next to each other, you can see they are obviously not the same material as the IUP but it's about as close as you can get. When installed on my door, you would be very hard pressed to tell it wasn't the same.

Here's the picture of my door cropped and full size.

What you can't see from the picture is that the welt is not actually a solid color. It is a braided silver tinsel color that has a clear plastic wrap around it. I think it looks super sexy but you may not like it. I don't know if the one from YourAutoTrim is a solid color or not. I will try to take an extreme close up later of the silver tinsel so you can see what I mean but I don't know how well it'll come out.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:02 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Well fella's it easy to do and cost about $12 buck, it won't fall out unless you want it to come out and you can change it very easy.

No glue only scissors and thumbs.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=54424heres some great info and the 2 companies that sell it.
I like those covers around your door speakers. Are those made by Ford?
Nope made by krylon, metallic silver paint. No biggie thou the cost about $5 if I ever want to change back to Black. Same with the door switches.
Wingman75 thanks for the correction yard not foot.
Damm, I would have never thought that!! LOLYou did a good job and I think you just inspired me on that one!! Thanks, think Im gonna hijack that idea!!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:15 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Looks good. I have it in my car also and I can confrim it is very easy to install and it will stay in place wihtout glue. I had to trim about 1/8" off the back to get a more flush factory looking fit. No big deal though.

Richard
Old 04-08-2007, 04:26 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Hey RMays and Aziraphale... how well does the piping match the IUP silver dash color?I don't know whether I should buy the Silver Tinselfrom Mr.Mikes or the Welt Grey from YourAutoTrim. Please let me know when you have a chance....thanks!!!
My question too. Can anybodycomment on the YourAutoTrim Welt Greycolor match to the IUP silver?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:39 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

My question too. Can anybodycomment on the YourAutoTrim Welt Greycolor match to the IUP silver?
The piping is close but not perfect. I never really thought of that when either buying or installing it. I just wanted to break up the darkness of the door. The welt is dull and darker but not overly dark. Yourautotrim will send you samples for $.25 cents each if you call them.
I never noticed the fact that Mr Mikes is smaller.
@stowestang go for it man just post some pics up when you get it finished.
@Aziraphale sorry to steal you thunder here, You door looks great, thanks for posting!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

The piping is close but not perfect. I never really thought of that when either buying or installing it. I just wanted to break up the darkness of the door. The welt is dull and darker but not overly dark. Yourautotrim will send you samples for $.25 cents each if you call them.
I never noticed the fact that Mr Mikes is smaller.
@Aziraphale sorry to steal you thunder here, You door looks great, thanks for posting!!!
No worries, I always like giving people options :-) I agree 100% of why I bought it though, I just wanted to break up the door a bit and I think it looks awesome.

The silver tinsel is definitely more metallic looking than dull. I think that's why I like it.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

That's a very nice touch.... I may just have to do that too!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Its so easy a cave .....I couldn't resist, I hope it works out for everyone.

Quick Reply: Door Trim Welt - With Pics!