Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Trim Welt - With Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Door Trim Welt - With Pics!

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale
As an update for everyone else, I've had mine on for over a month now and have had no problems with it coming out or anything. Even the piece around the shift boot has stayed fine with the one small piece of double sided tape holding the seam together. Some of the best $19 I've spent!!!
I used a spiral nail to hold the ends together. I also cut the material a little longer so it was forced together at the ends in case of shrinkage.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I used a spiral nail to hold the ends together. I also cut the material a little longer so it was forced together at the ends in case of shrinkage.

That is definitely the best way to do it if you have normal colors but it doesn't work with the silver tinsel. I didn't use anything in the doors but I had to put a little piece of tape at the joint on the one on the shift boot because of the 4 extreme corners.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

anyone know anything about the pewter color on yourautotrim
Old 05-14-2007, 10:55 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freefallpat

Nice steering wheel! Mine still has that nice plastic milk jug feel to it....

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

I finally got around to picking up some door trim welt and installing it. Hope you enjoy the pics, it is a super easy mod and makes the inside look much better. I was originally affraid it would like too ricey but I think it came out really nice.

I decided to go with the Silver Tinsel color since I have a black car and don't have another accent color other than the silver from the IUP. Body color matching looks pretty cool too. They have a minimum order of 15ft but it is still only $19 shipped so it's a pretty darn cheap mod.

Installed on both doors

I also installed it around my shift boot. I like it significantly better than the billet boot covers you see out there.

I got the idea from Octavio so thank you!! Click Here.

Mr. Mike also put out a new page for ordering that is not listed but here is the link. Click Here.
There are guys selling leather wrapped steering wheels on eBay for $180 brand new, just swap over your cruise control electronics...
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Another simple, yet great looking mod.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:44 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PAINTEDPONY

I went to my local upholstery shop and they sold me 20 feet for 10.00 cdn, he wanted 20 untill I told him that I can order it for 50cents yard. He did not have the tinsel but i got the satin silver welt to match the outside, it is a 90% match!, I will have to trim a little of the back so not to stick out so much. Wat a great idea! it looks great. I think I might also do the sunvisors as well.
I thought about doing that too....just to see what was available and compare prices.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I'm so glad I saw this thread ! For those of you that may have some questions, I ordered on 5/15,..... within 2 hrs MR MIKE confirmed my order, and the product arrived on 5/17. TOTAL 1000% service and quality product.
I've done the driver's door in poor light, in a "slight stage of drunkeness". VERY EASY install, but, I've quit for the evening, still looks good, but, I'm gonna wait for the better light in the morning,and the sobriety, it will bring.
I can't wait to get back at it !!! I'll post pics when finished, doing some creative stuff that I feel will be a total enhancement of the interior.
THANK you AZIRAPHILE for starting this thread.
I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:24 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i love this guy ^

now jump in ur car and go drifting before the booze wears off!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 11:54 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

TY lldsandsll, but I can't go "drifting", as I'm "drifting as a walk". I just applied some RED between the headliner/ door / rearwindow, and I think it looks very nice,NOT rice. It breaks it up very well, but that's it for now. Poor light, poor visibilty, poor sensory management, and I need to euthanize a 12 pack of BUD.
I'll keep you posted.............PICS to follow.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:37 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

I just installed mine today on my lunch break. Definitely brightens up the car, and looks great!

Quick Reply: Door Trim Welt - With Pics!