Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrip 4th gear @ 110mph? - UPDATE - pg 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Chrip 4th gear @ 110mph?

yeah..unlikly in a stock car..... I dont think I even chirped 3rd stock...

but now.. 4th @ 110mph..????? still wondering if it wasn't the engine?????
guess I'll have to try again.... [sm=gears.gif] at least this time I'll be expecting it....[sm=happy046.gif]
Old 04-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Smokey07

I chirped 2nd thru 4th in my bone stock GT shortly after I got it (Don't think I can do 5th, wouldn't know because once I realized how fast I was going I let off the go pedal). I think it had to do more with how I let off the clutch and gotonto the gas because now I can run thru the gearsand usually only expect to chirp on the 1-2 shift.

Saaaaay
Old 04-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

thats crazy cant wait till i can do that
Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

Guys,

Was having some fun with a buddy.. He took off I dropped to 3rd and ran her to the redline... happened so fast did not even realize as the rev limiter kicked in.... I was admittedly caught off guard...up shifted to 4th and the tires seems to break.... did not think it was possible..?????

I was still a bit confused as to WTF was going on that I immediately went to neutral as I thought I broke something.... happened just too damn fast and I just don’t have enough seat time in it yet since the blower was put in.....

Anyone have 430+ at the wheels and have a similar experience?

Thanks.....

Nice, when was this, today after the meet?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:11 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I have nowhere near 430 at the wheels, but just from what Ive experienced so far with my own car and then riding in other peoples, I dont think it was the tires. And theres no way someone did it stock... not even on a cold day with perfectly slick pavement.Again, I dont have that much hp so I cant be sure, but Id be more inclined to say you heard gears meshing, or synchrosrather than tires chirping.

If it really was the tires however, congrats, but be careful... losing traction @ 110 wouldnt be pretty.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

yur1279
on the way out... just past the tall pointy building... if u know what I mean....

bl1nkage
I heard no grinding or crunching sounds... so I dontthink itwas gears... and I made a clean shift... was definatley a rubber/pavement sound.... but it happened so fast.... and my mind was not prepared for such a sound..... maybe it was not the tires.... but I can't imagine what it was... but w/ 435RWHP on a MD... I wonder if I could break'em loose....
Old 04-08-2007, 10:52 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Mine does the exact same thing and it's an auto!!! It started doing it when the TC3000 and 4:30s were put in. If I floor it from a dig it will just smoke 1st and 2nd with the car slowly moving forward. When it it's 3rd, it will literally spin the car around sometimes or send it 45 deg off. It's scary as hell. If I just drive around 55mph and floor it will spin tires a bit and continue accelerating aggressively to 150mph. If I floor it past 70mph it becomes almost slower than stock. Not sure why....

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

Guys,

Was having some fun with a buddy.. He took off I dropped to 3rd and ran her to the redline... happened so fast did not even realize as the rev limiter kicked in.... I was admittedly caught off guard...up shifted to 4th and the tires seems to break.... did not think it was possible..?????

I was still a bit confused as to WTF was going on that I immediately went to neutral as I thought I broke something.... happened just too damn fast and I just don’t have enough seat time in it yet since the blower was put in.....

Anyone have 430+ at the wheels and have a similar experience?

Thanks.....
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Interesting...idk but I can't wait to hear if it happens again!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Smokey07
1st Gear Member

First let me just say thanks to Burnsy for stickin up for me. Now to try and defend myself, I know the sound of tires chirping on pavement, and thats exactly what I heard... If you don't believe me then I'm sorry you feel that way. The chirps that I was able to pull in 3rd and 4th were little beoch chirps, nothing like compared to a second gear chirp. And yes, it was a cold night when I did it and the car is BONE STOCK, to be totally honest with you I think it had to do with how I came out of the clutch and onto the gas... Let me just say that I am not the type of person to make up some BS and post it.

If you guys keep rippin on me I'm gonna stop posting, that was only my second post and the second time my post got ripped on....LOL... what can you do?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: Smokey07

First let me just say thanks to Burnsy for stickin up for me. Now to try and defend myself, I know the sound of tires chirping on pavement, and thats exactly what I heard... If you don't believe me then I'm sorry you feel that way. The chirps that I was able to pull in 3rd and 4th were little beoch chirps, nothing like compared to a second gear chirp. And yes, it was a cold night when I did it and the car is BONE STOCK, to be totally honest with you I think it had to do with how I came out of the clutch and onto the gas... Let me just say that I am not the type of person to make up some BS and post it.

If you guys keep rippin on me I'm gonna stop posting, that was only my second post and the second time my post got ripped on....LOL... what can you do?
dude.. take it easy....if you post something that is a little beyond what expectaions are... your gonna get called on it... a chirp 3-4 is not probable.. that's why I posted the way I did... frankly I still cannot totally beleive it... spining the rubber @ 110......and I'm making 175+ RWHP than stock.... so go figure why there was some disbelief.... guys on these sites dont take kindly to posers.... just be thoughtful of what you post....

good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Chrip 4th gear @ 110mph? - UPDATE - pg 2