Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low 12s... asap

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default low 12s... asap

hey guys, i need to hit low 12s pretty soon, me and a buddy of mine are having a pretty heated competeiton... well i wouldnt call him a buddy, hes more of an enemy.. but anyways, he just got an Audi RS6 and the way my car is now i dont think i'll be able to beat him... right now my mods are:

brenspeed 93octane tune
c&l intake
hooker LT headers
pypes offroad hpipe
borla catback
motive 4.10s
Spohn adj LCAs
eibach springs
bmr panhard bar

i dont have much money to spend on the car, but what i was thinking was...

lightweight driveshaft (recommendations?)
lca relocation kit
UCA / bracket
drag radials

im compenplating wether UDPs are worth it or not, because i DO plan on going SC... but im not sure exactly when ill have 5-6 grand to spend on an SC lol

also, is it worth taking out the spare tire/jack/trunk carpet and whatnot and how much of a 1/4 mile increase would i expect....

lastly, is a short shifter a worthwhile upgrade and which ones do you guys like the most? ive heard alot about MGW but i cant seem to find where to buy it...

(PS im pretty sure my stock shocks are blown, as the ride quality keeps getting worse and it makes a big CLANK/KSSSSSH sound when i go over bumps lol, and my rear end is still making that sqeaking sound... i looseened and re-torqued everything to120lbs and even re-greased the LCAs and panhard bar.... sqeak is still there but not as apparent...)
Old 04-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: low 12s... asap

Fastest way you are going to hit low 12's is with nitrous. If you have money and time go turbo or SC.

Yes, remove any weight you can out of the car. Jack, spare tire, trunk liner, backseats are the easiest things to shed fast. You will gain somewhere around .1 with taking those out. General rule is 100 lbs = .1 sec.

Drag radials are def. must have. Mickey Thompson ET Streets are good.
PowerHouse puts out an alum. driveshaft that should be good for .1 or so, plus the added benefit of less rotating mass, etc...
Being lowered the anti-squat brackets (lower control arm relocation brackets) will help as well.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:27 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Get you some NAWS stickers!

No really, take all the extra weight for the race, spare tire, jack, backseat, passenger seat if you want to. Get some UDPs and CMCV delete plates, driveshaft and some nice drag radials. Or just get a 75 shot..[8D]
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Or just get a 75 shot..
yeeeeeeeeah
Old 04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

honestly, id say get a 75 or 100 shot and your there.

run slicks out back, skinnies up front, and practice driving! with those mods, if u can rip a gear, you got it.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

i was thinking about nitrous but my father said he didnt want me to put it on my car because hes had bad experience with it, any suggestions to try to convince him otherwise? lol

are CMCV delete plates able to be installed by myself or is it something that requires special tools, what exactly does it require?

Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

it requires a custom tune..
don't know what tools though..
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

You mind me asking how much you intend to spend.. or better yet, have to spend? Get a cam with a good tune, cam springs, a light weight driveshaft, and you'll be there with no problem
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Yeah, tell him you are paying for it. Or have hive go on this board and see for himself that we really don't have any problems with n20. Of course go with a smaller shot, 75 or 100. No tune will be required for these.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:57 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moses 05GT

You mind me asking how much you intend to spend.. or better yet, have to spend? Get a cam with a good tune, cam springs, a light weight driveshaft, and you'll be there with no problem
just 1 cam?

really, with a full exhaust, intake, lightweight drivetrain/suspension pieces, 4.10's, and some very sticky tires, and maybe UDP's, i really dont see u running any slower than like a 12.8.

if you can drive.

Quick Reply: low 12s... asap