Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My new V6

Welcome to the forum, your car looks great!!!. Don't mind some of the comments you hear, if you stay here long enough you'll find we don't pull punches, if we like something we'll tell you....if we don't, well you get the point. One thing though, unless you've become personally attached to it, I'd lose that dealership thingy on your decklid.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:20 AM
DragonV6

Its coming off before they do the protection package on the car this week...I hate it..hehe...thanks though..
Old 04-10-2007, 12:32 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Dragon it a sick rideman.Very well done and it don't matter if its a 4, 6 or 8 its you car and thats what matters.
Believe me you'll get bashed for having a V6 here lots but its yours so don't let it get to you.
You know you could have got a GT for what you paid for your car but then it wouldn't have been what you wanted, hell if you did get the other motor without the options you bought you'd be just another Stang with a GT badge and still wouldn't have landed the car you wanted in the beginning.
Slap a S/C on it you'll still be $6K less than a GT and you'll look better and be faster too.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: Playboy06

Grats on your V6.

The 'V8' community is very crticial towards V6's, Mommy didn't love them enough. You'll get used to their arrogant posts after the first week.

Car looks great! - That rear end doesn't do much for me, but thats definetly a personal opinion.

If you have any questions about V6's go to the 4.0 section of the forum and avoid being ostracized by the V8's.
I think as much as one sees the V-8 guys as pom-pass, the six guys are bit sensitive(IMO), but I can empathize with that reality of sorts. Although spending 29K on a stock engined V-6 seems like quite a
King's Ransom and those of us with the means and insurance rating to acquire a GT, and did so fora similaramount, I understand not all of us are all about ultimate performance #s and speed. Most will agree though, that at a starting point of 29K, a GT makes more sense if future performance mods are in store. JMHO BTW my Mommy loves me to death
I can understand that. But there is no way he could've had that body kit on a GT with that price.

V6's 'sensitive' - Negative, I myself am just alittle fed up with the arrogant attitude of most V8's. It's sad when a guy comes in here spending a good amount of money on a beautiful car, only to be told "Shoulda got a GT" - I thought we were supposed to embrace new members, I must've missed the memo to be a dick to all V6's.

BTW - I'm not directly talking about you or anyone in general, if anything i'm mildly 'venting'.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Oh, I'm glad he got what he wanted and am not one who feels he did something wrong. I think DragonV6's 'Stang looks wicked, I'm just stating that for as many jerk GT guys there's an equal amount of "poor us the GT guys are picking on us againsyndrome" V-6 guys. I thinkin "buy and get what one wants". I really considered a V-6, but the GT was too tempting and I could afford to buy, insure, maintain it. I really do understand that this is a community and yes, some are rude and some are great(most are the latter IMO). I see what you are describing and yes, that's sad, but my comments were to give my take on why some people would tell someone to get a GT in the first place, I think for what DemonV6's car has, it's a pretty decent price, hell, paint work alone(good paint work) costs a LOT and yes his car just screams PLEASE SUPERCHARGE ME! I like that look and I think the close up pics makes the rear exhaust seem smaller than they probably really look like in person(but they could be a bit larger). Cheers[8D]
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Oh, I'm glad he got what he wanted and am not one who feels he did something wrong. I think DragonV6's 'Stang looks wicked, I'm just stating that for as many jerk GT guys there's an equal amount of "poor us the GT guys are picking on us againsyndrome" V-6 guys. I thinkin "buy and get what one wants". I really considered a V-6, but the GT was too tempting and I could afford to buy, insure, maintain it. I really do understand that this is a community and yes, some are rude and some are great(most are the latter IMO). I see what you are describing and yes, that's sad, but my comments were to give my take on why some people would tell someone to get a GT in the first place, I think for what DemonV6's car has, it's a pretty decent price, hell, paint work alone(good paint work) costs a LOT and yes his car just screams PLEASE SUPERCHARGE ME! I like that look and I think the close up pics makes the rear exhaust seem smaller than they probably really look like in person(but they could be a bit larger). Cheers[8D]
Good post! His car is sweet! With all the extras it came with and as nice a job as the "stealership" did that car deserves praise. For the most part the membership is great around here, there are many great rides to look at but it seems to be segerating itself for the big motor and the small motor.
The 3rd post in this tread instead of compliments on his car he get "you bought a V6 why?"
Not needed!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:50 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: DragonV6

Hi everyone, Some of you may have seen it inthe new members area, but I have to admit...I'm really proud, so I thought I'd show you guys here...Hope you like.
If any of you know of a good Mustang club in the Virginia Beach area, or the Maryland area, I'd love to hear about it.

Welcome to MF - very nice ride! [sm=wootwoot.gif]