Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bare V6 Deluxe upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bare V6 Deluxe upgrade?

I was going to do the conversion on both cars, but only if it was economically feasible, and made some sort of logistical sense, which seemed to be up for some debate as of late...[sm=lol.gif]I'll probably get a GT deluxe for myself(gotta have a car with my initials at least 1 time in my freakin' life...), and order a V6 deluxe for her and try and swap in the passenger power seat and add the heating module if I can find out where to get the seat and how to do the add in with wiring and everything involved. I just hate to have the Shaker stuff paid for in there, if I'm going to change it out anyway, so I may listen to Torch more than it seemed I would in that last post. I'm sure it would be much easier to swap in some seats, than add the ABS/TC, just wish there was a more efficient way for me to search for matches besides looking up zip codes all over the freaking southeast/midwest, and using Ford's locator....[>:]
Old 04-10-2007, 01:36 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Don't hesitate to offer to shop other dealers, if they continue to try to steal your trade-ins. If they remain stuck on their trade values, offer below invoice.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Oh yeah, the other thing is the order cutoff date! If finding one exactly like I want it proves to be impossible, then if I don't order it from the factory before cutoff, I'll end up having to order an '08, and there go the rebates and incentives...[]
Old 04-10-2007, 01:44 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Hey Hog, they're already offering below invoice, but so far, it's only for what they have on hand, or can get fairly quickly. Of course, that's after round 1 of negociations today...They already came with invoice for anything I order, minus whatever rebates happen to be on the table when the cars get here, so I know they can do better than that! This is Northpoint, by the way. Pinnacle's salesman lied to me regarding location of a potential dealer trade, and knowing how the car business works, even if I request another salesman, the original guy I talked to gets piece of that action, so that takes them out of the running. Will not deal with Crain at all, so that leaves Landers and whoever else is here in the state of AR that will do good business, but Northpoint hasn't come stupid so far, so we'll see after round 2...
Old 04-10-2007, 01:47 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

If you could explain, How are you so upside down on 2 Hondas ? They have a top resale value, and minimal depreciation. Where I live '95 Accords with 130K miles are bringing $4500-$6500.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:02 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

On one, I put $1000 down, and paid sales tax of 6% out of pocket. The last one, I put $0 down, and paid 6% sales tax. I got the first one March of last year, and the other one 3 months later. So, I'm like $3050 upside down on one because I just made my payment last night, and about $4075 on the other, so $7125 combined, IF they give me $19k for mine and $19.5k for hers. I'd like more, but I don't know how long it would take to get it, and that would be more payments out of pocket I'd have to make along the way, and they know that. That's how the trade game works. If I get identical cars, I would just have them average out the payoffs, so the two payments will be exactly the same. If I get a GT and get her a V6, then I'll take the lower negative equity from my car to roll on the new one, and she'll take the higher from hers to offset the new car prices.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

WOW, you're in a stuation. You can't beat the Dealer down on purchase price with negative equity, because if you succeed, they hit you on trade.
If I were you, (and this might work), at least try it on a dealer or 2.
Tell them,...I'm paying $XXX per month on Honda "A", I want to trade for a GT Premium...... I'm paying $XXX per month on Honda "B", I want to trade it for 6cyl Premium. Can you match my payments ? or come reasonably close ?
Don't forget insurance onthe GT will be considerably more than the Honda, and 6 cyl will be more also.
Now, don't take this the wrong way, but, there's not alot any dealer can do when you are that much upside down. You are looking at financing around $44,000 + $7000 payoff = $51,000 or around $600 per month for each (average) for 6 years.
Do you own a home ? If not,..I would look into that, before making any furtherauto commitments.
MUSTANGS will always be around, if not today, look towards the future.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I'll be balloon finance/leasing the two cars, so I'll only be paying whatever the difference between price and residual value is. I'm definitely doing my homework, and have been for some time, so I'm not too concerned with the negative equity issue, as long as the rebates and dealer discounts eat into it enough.That's a big reason I was looking at the V6 model, I'm getting the $1000 rebate, $500 college student discount, and they agreed to give us the military discount of another $500, even though we're both separated now. Plus, they have a $2507 advertised discount off their V6 models, that it looks like I'll get one way or another, even if I order the car. That's a cool $4507 off MSRP, so even with the averaged negative equity of $3562.50, I'm still paying $944.50 less than sticker price...Plus, if they won't take off from price, I'll just negociate for goods, like upgraded wheels, and a sunroof, that they can charge me a flat rate for and still make a hundred bucks or so on each, so it's win/win for me! Just have to find something to do in the month and a half or so before I see the cars...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

[sm=signs003.gif]However, you didn't answer my question about owning a home.
Remember, when you finance a car, you gotta love it as much as you do from the 1st day, to the "last" payment.
Balloon / Financing / Leasing is gonna cost you a lot of $$$$$,(yet you worry about purchase price ?)
You're a dealership's "wet dream". They got you, (you just don'tknow it.)
A sunroof on a S197MUSTANG ? WTF is that about ?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:54 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I don't keep cars past the warranty, so balloon financing makes sense for me in states where leasing includes tax in your monthly payment, like here in AR. I'll never be making that balloon last payment, so the joke's on them. I know what kind of buyer I am, I don't fool myself into thinking I'll ever pay a car off, because eventually, we all trade them in or buy another one anyway, so realizing that up front saves me from having to deal with anything difficult, unless I get out early, which is the case here. The way you make up for that??? Get into a car with a huge discount to eat your -equity! Easy as pie. And of course, I can drive much more car for less out of pocket with a balloon/lease, and can drop it off on their doorstep when I'm done. Also, with the sunroof, it's different, because they don't come with 'em, and it's much cheaper than going the convertible route. I'll be going with a sport compact/import theme on this car anyway, so the roof will look good with the kit, interior redo, system, and wheels I put on. The more I think about it, the more likely I am to get two V6 cars, to have more money for goodies, and save on gas and insurance. And since it's been pure hell trying to find a power passenger seat for sale anywhere online so far, I'll probably have to go with the premium, and just junk the Shaker 500 when it gets here. I REALLY don't want that radio, or the whole interior upgrade package for that matter. I just want the MyColor instrument panel because of the message center, and a power passenger seat, so I can add the heater/cooler combination from Katzkin. If anyone knows where I could find those two goodies fairly quick, I'd be much obliged, since I know the dealer's expecting me to put the deposit down on both cars tomorrow! FYI: They also suggested that I try to sell both my Hondas in the 6-8 weeks it takes for the cars to get here after ordered, saying I should probably be able to get more in the private party market than in trade in value. I may just do that, wouldn't hurt to be less upside down in the long run, right???

Quick Reply: Bare V6 Deluxe upgrade?