Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech HO Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Vortech HO Dyno Numbers

Pat,

your tuner should have the dyno graph in his pc... ask him for it.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

What's the advantage of a screw s/ctorque curve over a centrafugal?
Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 AM
pnsh3r

it climbs to the top much sooner and pretty much flatlines - so you have ALL of your torque available even in lower RPMs and it does not fall off in the higer rpms... and practically no lag
Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

I kind of like my set-up because I can launch pretty hard on the stock tires without them going up in smoke. Not sure how hard you can launch a KB equipped car on the stockers? Anyone?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
50mustanggod
2nd Gear Member

Damn those are some nice numbers from the Vortech HO guys!!! I will not leave the Dyno without 400HP lol!!! Where does this car redline? I seen dyno pulls all the way up to 6,600RPMS Thats ALOT!!!! Where should I have the Dyno guy cut off? 6,500?

Thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pnsh3r

after seeing those torque curves I am definitely gonna stick with a screw type supercharger. More than likely a KB or ford racing's whipple.
You will get a flater torque curve with a screw type, but it will does not translate into a screw sc'd carbeing any faster than a centri blower for the simple reason that in the 1/4 mile all that matters is power under the curve. When you're goingdown the strip you're RPM's will be right in the sweet spot of a centris power band. There is a reason why somany serious strips/c'd cars run centris.

The only benefit or virtue a screw type has over a centri is the down low grunt, which can also be a hinderance.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
lieu910
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

What's the advantage of a screw s/ctorque curve over a centrafugal?
There is no "advantage" of a screw type, only a "difference". A centri unit builds poweras engine speed increases. A screw type is putting boost into theengine all the time, and you have instant boost when you hit the throttle in any gear.

That's the theoretical explanation. However, that theory is debunked when you apply some practical reasoning.Some people like to brag about how their screw s/c will give them instant power at 2,000 rpm, whichsome try to claim is an advantage on the street. I disagree, and here is why.

If a Corvette pulls along side you and go from a roll, are you going to leave it in a gear where your RPM's are in the basement......no. Either you are going to downshift your manual oryour automatic will do it for you, and in both cases your engine will be right in the sweet spot fora centri blowers power curve.

The real difference is that a screw type will make the car feel very torquey down low, which I admit is a nice feeling on the street.They are both good systems, and it is not a case of one being better than the other.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:39 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

^^^^^^Excellent post^^^^^^
Old 04-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 50mustanggod

Damn those are some nice numbers from the Vortech HO guys!!! I will not leave the Dyno without 400HP lol!!! Where does this car redline? I seen dyno pulls all the way up to 6,600RPMS Thats ALOT!!!! Where should I have the Dyno guy cut off? 6,500?

Thanks
Since you have pretty much the same set-up as me, look at my dyno graph and you will see the TQ starts to fall off around 6000 rpm. Really no need to pull it past 6200. I shift at 6000 so it stays in the power band. If I wind it out past that it really does me no good ....
Old 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM
50mustanggod
2nd Gear Member

Yea i'd probably shift at 6,000 but where should I have them stop on the dyno? Because everyone is getting there high HP number way up at 6,500-6,600 rpms! Is 6,500 safe to do on the dyno?

Quick Reply: Vortech HO Dyno Numbers