Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Fuego Flash Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:23 PM
scrillz

Default Granatelli Fuego Flash Tuner

Most people probably already know to stay away from this product, but I thought I would give you a little info on my experience. I purchased the Fuego Flash tuner from granatelli about 2 months ago. It comes with a standard tune and you can also use the advanced tune to tweak some things such as what temp the fan comes on at etc.. So I definately noticed a difference from stock but as I add on new parts to my car I am wondering where would I get updated tunes to corespond with my new parts. After hours, days, and weeks of searching I have found no where to get any custom tunes for this tuner. It is frustrating because they advertised all these features that their tuner doesn't do. Such as....

Custom tunes available over the net.
Adds 15-35RWHP
Live data monitoring in real time as well as data logging
Gas tunes includes 87, 89, 91 and 93 octane tunes (doesn't have all these)

WILL re-tune vehicle after factory re-flash of PCM. Others claim they can but can they really? (so sick of hearing this) this doesn't even make sense.

They also don't have any information through the net their web site sucks and doesn't have any info.

The moral of my story is I should have bought an X CAL or Diablo

Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli Fuego Flash Tuner

Fuego... wasn't that a funny little French car?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 PM
scrillz

Yes a crappy french car and a crappy tuner
Old 04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
jrhurst

well , i just purchased this and am very unhappy so far . NO support online and when i contacted Granatelli about getting custom tunes ( the reason i bought it ) , i was told that it was in the works , but no eta for when that would happen . WTF , i expected more out of this company
Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Precisely why I bought the Steeda Intake + Xcal 2.... I'm sorry to hear you guys going through this hassle... Royal pain in the ****... good luck and i wish you the best
Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about this. I was thinking about getting a Fuego tuner since I have the GMS CAI. I was just waiting to hear what others experiences were. With gas prices non-stop escalation I'm just not ready to move up to premium gas now.

Sorry you had to waste your money but thanks for the info. Keep us informed of any developements.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Sorry to hear about this. I was thinking about getting a Fuego tuner since I have the GMS CAI. I was just waiting to hear what others experiences were. With gas prices non-stop escalation I'm just not ready to move up to premium gas now.

Sorry you had to waste your money but thanks for the info. Keep us informed of any developements.
Wingman... You can have a custom tune done with 87 octane... makes a world of difference over the stock tune. Keep in mind that with 93, you get better performance/efficiency. Most users experience an improvement in MPG. The $.20 differential between 87 and premium equals about $2.50 fora 12 gallon fill up. Right now with premium at $2.80 in Jersey, if i get a 2 mile increase in my MPG, for 10 gallons, say roughly 20 miles... that's $2.80 i just made back on a gallon of gas... Now, I haven't had the tune in long enough to actually test this theory, and the fun factor/lead foot poses a small threat to my hypothetical
Old 04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I have the GMS CAI as well, but went with the SCT XCALII from brenspeed. He has a tune for our CAI. All you have to do is replace the MAF with the stock MAF from your stock box, took a couple minutes to do. Then now you have a tuner that is universal used all over, so if you decide to do get your car dyno tuned later, you will be able to find someone easily.

The problem with GMS is they waited way too long, and wanted gto get their product out fast without having the means of getting custome tunes.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06
Wingman... You can have a custom tune done with 87 octane... makes a world of difference over the stock tune. Keep in mind that with 93, you get better performance/efficiency. Most users experience an improvement in MPG. The $.20 differential between 87 and premium equals about $2.50 for a 12 gallon fill up. Right now with premium at $2.80 in Jersey, if i get a 2 mile increase in my MPG, for 10 gallons, say roughly 20 miles... that's $2.80 i just made back on a gallon of gas... Now, I haven't had the tune in long enough to actually test this theory, and the fun factor/lead foot poses a small threat to my hypothetical
Drop Top 06 I understand what your saying but I still cringe when I see the reciept for my tank of gas is $35 or more and who knows to what levels the greedy oil companies will take it. I have heard rumors of $4.00 a gallon a possability. The rumors start and by summer no one is surprised when they hit that mark.

techmanBDsStang I had planned all along to get a tune from Alternative Auto Performance. Lidio said he would have no problem tuning mine with the GMS CAI and he is an expert in tuning automatics so that is particularely tempting.