Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has experience with loaner cars from ford

Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: who has experience with loaner cars from ford

Dealers often have "demo cars" which they use up to 6,000 miles, and often use them as a loaner... but you have to request one in advance.. my dealer does it all the time.. i got an f-250 once.. that was kinda fun
Old 04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Retrorocket
1st Gear Member

I just took my Stang in last week for an oil leak. After waiting for an hour, the service manager told me they did'nt have the part they needed, and my baby would have to spend the night! WHAT!! She has neverstayed anywhere overnite but in my garage....but,I asked if they had a car for me to use, and she said yes. It was a Ford Focus rental, but it was free. All they asked was to put gas in it back to where it was, no pets, and no smoking. I noted something strange about the Focus....140 MPH Speedo??
Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

The dealer i go to has done all my warranty work and repairs (quite a few) and overall i have no problem with them. Like mentioned earlier, i have only basic warranty, no ESP, so loaner car wont be free.

Ihad my car there last time for 8 days, they gave me a loaner, and i managed to convince the service advisor guy to charge me only 2 days worth, which was great. He is now gone, and all the other guys are assess, and are super firm on the price.

Oh well, i'll see if i can bargain with them.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:34 AM
jbullerjr
1st Gear Member

Here is what bugs me...
I buy a 57k Saleen
Car has spent over 30 days in the shop in the last 4 months (various problems brakes, pass. airbag, replace stripes,redo tint, replace pass. seatetc..)
I have the ESP
I get an 11k focus rental supplied by Enterprise, no loaner
My ESP does not cover the tax on said rental, about 5.50day
So, not only do I have to make MY payment but I also have hadto pay about 165 forEnterprises car.
How the **LL is that fair or good customer service?
Old 04-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

Dropped my car off twice for overnights (once to diagnos radio problem, the next time to repair when parts came in). I have the basic warranty. Free loaner each time. Lincoln Town Car. [sm=pimp.gif]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I think the problems some of you have is dealer specific. I have an 00 V6 I had to take to the dealership a few times to have the TO bearing replaced after back in 05/06. They had done a whole clutch kit and other stuff. From the Second time on I simply asked for a loaner car if they kept it for more than the day. Never been a problem.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

I have the ESP for my car... When it went into service for 4 days I was given a red mustang as a rental.. I only had to pay all of 8 bucks in tax for the car.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:34 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Any longer than a day the dealer should comp youa car. If not than tell them to F-off and get a new car dealer. You do not have to bring the car to the dealer you bought it from for warranty work. As long as it is Ford dealer you should be fine.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:37 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I did not have a problem when I took my car in for warranty work. They give me a loaner free with out questions, but they had a milage limit. Unfortunally it was 75 miles a day and I live 40 miles from the dealership. I was glad they fixed the car the first day, because if I drove the car home, work, and back to the dealership I would have been over the miles and would have been charged. I would check with another dealership to see if they would provide a car or call Ford direct and talk to customer relations. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

When I was waiting 3 weeks on my car to arrivemy dealer gave me a Auto GT vert,ALL the bells and whistles. But when I was having my car in and out over 1-2 weeks time for strut problems they left me to rely on my K-Swiss although they had my only means of transportation. I'm not asking for a 30K glorymobile, just a nice courtesy beater to get me around.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has experience with loaner cars from ford