Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to order stripes...10" or 12"??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: About to order stripes...10" or 12"??

oh and dude, get bumper to bumper. personally i think it looks stupid when it ends at the hood and or trunk..

Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 AM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

O deffinately bumper to bumper! I talked to Rob from BSM, and he's gonna send me the stock "chin" stripes and the CDC aggressive chin stripes too. I plan on getting the CDC aggressive in the next month or so. I am still a little undecidedon size, I thinkI'm leaning toward 10". I am just awaiting payment for something on E-bay so I can place the order.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

10" - 2" w/pinstripesfrom BSM
Old 04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Also think about the pinstripe on each side of the stripes, I think it looks amazing with it. Just a thought to think about Good luck!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:42 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I was a little unsure about what to get but ordered the 10" / 2" / 10" from BSM and am very happy hoe they turned out. My installer did a great job on them.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:00 PM
yzfmik
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all your help guys, I just ordered the gloss white 10". Hopefully they will be here by next weekend so I can put 'em on.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yzfmik

Thanks for all your help guys, I just ordered the gloss white 10". Hopefully they will be here by next weekend so I can put 'em on.
Very good choice
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yzfmik

Wash the car right before you install. Use alcohol or similar to remove all wax. I actually used Naptha from homedepot. Use a lint free cloth or paper towel to wipe down each area right before you lay the stripe and i mean right before especially if you are outside. I'd still wipe it down right before if you are in a garage.

The BSM instructions say to use 1.5 inch masking tape to set the gap for the 2 inch gap. You're supposed to lay each stripe 1/4 inch from the tape. I say get 2 inch tape and put the suckers right up next to it, just don't go over the tape. Spray lots of soap/water/alcohol solution on the car and immediately spray it on the sticky side of the stripe. If you spray the stripe right after you remove the backing it will keep it from sticking to itself incase it folds over when you're trying to lay it down.

Get someone to help you pull the stripes off the paper.

Don't get the back side of the paper wet, meaning don't lay the stripe on the wet car. the backing paper will stick to the stripe when you peel it and **** **** up.

Spray lots of solution on top of the stripe when you are squeegying it. You should be able to get all the bubbles out. There will be some creases on the bumpers that won't squeegy out until it starts to dry. The instructions are pretty good about telling you how to get these out.

Don't try to hurry. Start early in the morning and expect it to take all day, better if you have the next day off incase you can't finish. It takes longer than you think if you do it right.

I'd recommend removing the grill or atleast loosen it so you can wedge something between the black plastic and bumper. Wish I had done this so i could get the front bumper stripes futher under the plastic.

Be carefull with the bumper pieces and rear spoiler pieces, they are side specific. You'll know what I mean when you try and put the left on the right side and the curve at the end isn't right. They should really label these for us idiots. To be fair to myself it is a subtle difference until it's to late.

There are probably things I forgot to mention. Have fun.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Rockman95

Hey, I got my stripes installed from a dealer in Crestview, FL. Recommended from Hub City Ford (if that really matters). If you live near Crestivew, I'll give you the info. They did a real good job. Cost me $200.00.

Old 04-14-2007, 01:34 AM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

Most stipes look good. 10-2 seems the most common.

I personally dig Puckhog407 's stips they kick *** with the pin stripes

Quick Reply: About to order stripes...10" or 12"??