Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius thanks

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default Sirius thanks

Not sure who on this board mentioned putting the satalite reciever in the back window, between the speakers. It worked like a charm. Much nicer than having it out on the back of the car. I've been very happy with all the knowlage, and info that all of you, and this fourm have,and continue to provide. THANKS !!!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sirius thanks

That is a nice spot indeed, I have mine mounted on the corner of the dash on the passanger side... another good spot (if I do say so myself)
Old 04-15-2007, 01:40 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Been thinking of relocating mine at the same time I switch to a ducktail spoiler. Anybody moved this to the rear deck that has metallized tint? Wondering if it will interfere with reception.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 AM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

I have mine in the center of the rear dash as well and have not lost signal yet.....unless I go under a bridge or something. These forums are great!!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Blowngt92

I am glad to hear this works. I am going to try mounting mine between the speakers and I bought the low profile super high gain antenna since the on that came with my portable unit is on my truck. I hope it works,I don't want the antenna outside on the car.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:04 AM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

I run mine on my roof directly above my rear view mirror. I run the wire down the weather strip along the roof, down the pillar to the engine bay and through the rubber seal in the firewall directly into my head unit. I get perfect signal
Old 04-15-2007, 05:21 AM
lindseyquads
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

Not sure who on this board mentioned putting the satalite reciever in the back window, between the speakers. It worked like a charm. Much nicer than having it out on the back of the car. I've been very happy with all the knowlage, and info that all of you, and this fourm have,and continue to provide. THANKS !!!
Glad to hear it works good...I have been wanting to do the same thing and was wondering if it would work or not. Once I get my ducktail spoiler and some other cutom work done I amgoing to move mine also.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:50 PM
killian

I'm gonna to have mine relocated when I switch back to XM. Receiver right now is center of truck back by spoiler.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Got_Stang?

Question......if you relocate the stock antenna mounted on the trunk lid, what are you guys doing with the hole in on the lid? There is a hole left right? [sm=smiley25.gif]
Old 04-15-2007, 03:37 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I took my sirius out of my old truck, so I didn't have a hole to contend with. If you have ever dealt with using body glaze, you could easily fill it,and use a bit of touch up paint. I've done it in the past, and you couldn't tell it was ever there. It has to be a small hole though, or it would be better for a body shop to do it. I'm not sure how Ford does it on our cars. It's most likely done at the dealer, and they probably all do it different.

Quick Reply: Sirius thanks