Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bassani exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM
dirtyd112004

Default bassani exhaust question

I have a 2007 mustang gt 5 speed manual and I am new to this forum but am searching for a little feedback regarding bassani exhaust. I would like to purchase bassani x pipe and bassani axle back exhaust but am unsure whether to purchase the x pipe with catalytic converters or without. I'm sure without the converters it makes a louder noise but can i hook up to the stock converters or do they have to be high flow converters. I dont know much about the technical end of exhaust or anything else to do with the new mustangs. I am just looking for some feedback on good quality exhaust.I would like a louder exhaust system but not too loud.Any help?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Thunderbutt

Default RE: bassani exhaust question

I have Bassani ss catted x-pipe installed along with Ford Racing GTA mufflers. The car is 10% loader while cruising and 50% loader under load with NO DRONE. I am an expert concerning the drone issue as I have had a previous Corvette with Flowmasters. ( send you to the hospital drone)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

I'd go with 46053 [catted x]. I had the bassani x pipe with the stock cats with 2 different setups: one with stock mufflers and then with the MACs. the drone with the MACs was, to quote Thunderbutt, "send youto the hospital" annoying. I added the bassani high flow cats and it's AWESOME. Note: i also have bbk shorty headers. And from my experience at least, it's not that easy to just "swap" your no-cat setup to your catted setup. It depends on your "shop", be it driveway, garage, or actual shop,it takes a few hours to get everything off and back on again and all aligned correctly with no leaks. Maybe I'm justnot very good at it, but that's my twocents.

Try this video for some ideas: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jwgroovin. watch all three of jwgroovin's videos and it may help your decision. I copied exactly what he's got and am completely satisfied.

Oh, and if you're interested I also havea lightly usedextra bassani Xpipe for sale if you decide not to go with the cats.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Thunderbutt

northy_polk,
I had based my decision to go with my set up by watching these same video's. John (jwgroovin's) had said many times that the Mac's drone had been a problem for him. That is why I went with the GTA's along with the Bassani catted x to get the best of both worlds. I have not yet received my cai+tune from Brenspeed yet so I cannot comment if there is an increase in volume with this addition.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Thunderbutt: awesome! I really love the sound. I don't have a tune yet either. I know John has the street C&L with a 93 octane Brenspeed tune. I'm just waiting til I get some other stuff done b4 I get the tune. btw: offtopic, but what's the "Legend" front spoiler?I thought I'd seen it all but not this one.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:59 PM
dirtyd112004

so what do you think about putting bassani ss x pipe catted with bassani ss axle back exhaust
Old 04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

honestly there's a link somewhere to a page that has just about every set up you could imagine. it plays a clip for you so you can decide what you want. i'll see if i can find it on this or another forum [stangnet.com and allfordmustangs.com].

DUDE! I found it. Here you go:

http://www.zippyvideos.com/845915114...nksperformance
it's bassani catted x and bassani axle backs. sounds good.

here's a better one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkocSDfrCRo.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 PM
dirtyd112004

thanks for the help. I'm really a true noob but I'm learning
Old 04-15-2007, 08:05 PM
NVRL8
2nd Gear Member

I've got the bassani catted x-pipe with the macs and I love the way it sounds and I get a lot of compliments from other people.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:18 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

My buddy has the SS X pipe with the SS racing axleback and it sounds pretty good. I have the Bassani SS Racing Axle backs with the stock H-pipe and I get people stoppping me all the time asking what I have. I slao have cams too that help with the muscle car sound

Quick Reply: bassani exhaust question